GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Changed the original battery (bought the car in Nov 2011).
Became a game to see how long I could keep it alive. RIP.

Nice Im still surprised mine is still alive for being a 2010 car

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Nice Im still surprised mine is still alive for being a 2010 car

Mine is a 2011 and it just went out in February. The extremely cold winter probably didn't help too much either. Still going from 2010 is impressive though.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Mine is a 2011 and it just went out in February. The extremely cold winter probably didn't help too much either. Still going from 2010 is impressive though.

Yea Im surprised too mine has been garage kept for about a year now does get driven in the winter and with 102k on the clock. I must just be lucky lol

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Should trickle charge it and see if you can keep it going!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yea Im surprised too mine has been garage kept for about a year now does get driven in the winter and with 102k on the clock. I must just be lucky lol

Mine crapped out this past fall - pretty sure it was the original 2011 here.

i really want to upgrade to one of those lighter lithium packs. just cant justify the hundred-of-dollars pricetag difference right now.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Mine crapped out this past fall - pretty sure it was the original 2011 here.

i really want to upgrade to one of those lighter lithium packs. just cant justify the hundred-of-dollars pricetag difference right now.

Could do the AGM Braille battery. 11lbs or 15lbs for $155 or $190 off tire rack

https://www.tirerack.com/accessorie...RY_11&ef_id=WimU3QAABQnKYcnn:20180409200539:s

https://www.tirerack.com/accessorie...RY_15&ef_id=WimU3QAABQnKYcnn:20180409200538:s

For NH I'd do the 15lbs, maybe a step up in weight. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a trickle charger if you accidentally kill it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today i unbolted my drivers seats with the intention off installing my under-seat trays on the new leather seats, and found that the zipties i have are just too wide for the support bracket holes. Shout out to the guy at AutoZone who gave me enough zipties that will be the right size for this.

While under there i investigated the plug situation for my non-functional power lumbar on the seats. see thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2578250#post2578250

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Changed my brake fluid, it came out dark blue/black color. Clutch feels so much better now.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Hit 90k miles and getting ready for autox season

Oil changed with liquid moly + oil filter
changed spark plugs
cleaned air intake filter/re-oiled lightly
cleaned mass air flow sensor
replaced PCV valve with updated part
Installed Hotchkis rear sway bar w/ new hardware(bought from a forum member)
Replaced snap rings on front calipars
Installed summer tires and rims
Inspected brake pads - still a lot of meat

Car pulls hard and strong. Love the way the new rear sway bar feels. Much less body roll and feels a lot safer taking turns at speed

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Hit 90k miles and getting ready for autox season

Oil changed with liquid moly + oil filter
changed spark plugs
cleaned air intake filter/re-oiled lightly
cleaned mass air flow sensor
replaced PCV valve with updated part
Installed Hotchkis rear sway bar w/ new hardware(bought from a forum member)
Replaced snap rings on front calipars
Installed summer tires and rims
Inspected brake pads - still a lot of meat

Car pulls hard and strong. Love the way the new rear sway bar feels. Much less body roll and feels a lot safer taking turns at speed

Very nice, ur ready to kill it

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Very nice, ur ready to kill it

Just trying to be prepared lol.

Next month I'll do a brake fluid flush and maybe my last mount - dogbone/pendulum.