GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
They charged me an additional 3 hours on top of the 6 for the KO4 job to extract the 1 broken stud and replace all the others.

Apparently someone at HPA (or ECS Tuning) dropped my turbo before putting it in the box and bent the flange on the cold side of the turbo. It's minor, but was enough to prevent the adapter from sitting inside the ring. Excelerate didn't want to re-round the inner ring (understandable), so I ended up having to buy a 2nd KO4 from Excelerate that they had off the shelf and they're going to swap the coated/ported hot side onto the new unbent cold side.

After going back and forth with HPA it sounds like they will take the old turbo back, so here's to hoping my KO4 job won't end up costing BT money.

It's also going to drive me nuts that I will have a ported hot side but not a cold side. Ultimately an insignificant detail that I would hardly notice, but it'll still bug me for awhile. Nothing ever seems to go perfect with car projects even when you pay a professional. Oh well...at least I get to keep my ceramic coated hot side.

In other news, I bought a new lava firewall insulator and hood insulator from PTP. They discontinued it but still agreed to do a 1 off for me, I just have to wait 3-4 weeks for it.

I'm surprised Xlr8 swapped the turbo like that. Is it up and running yet?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
At a shop now getting stoptech slotted rotors, ebc redstuff pads installed, as well as the 42dd downpipe I bought back on black Friday. Made a poem downpipe coldstart video but accidentally deleted. Wanted to compare. Oh well.

Blacked out the top red trim piece on the front grille, the VW and GTI badge, tinted the fogs, side indicators and back up light. Also finally got around to paint the lower grill and fog housing in a gloss black. Productive morning [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahard48

Ready to race!
:yikes:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Back from the shop after downpipe and brakes/rotors install... the first start of the car with the downpipe, it sounded a bit less restricted (hi-flo cat) and very nice but not loud growl... this is mated to my stock muffler, for the time being.

The rotors look great and the stopping power is nice with the EBC redstuff pads.

Also had them slap on my unibrace UB, sinc ethey had to remove the brackets anyhow. apparently when i hit a dead coyote a while back, there was still some fur stuck underneath and a dented bracket that was coming out anyway

big shoutout to the guys at Manchester Foreign Auto. They do great work and the price was well worth it.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Lowered coilovers some more and gave her a wash. Sitting comfortably at 21 ftg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your car is pretty much exactly what I was planning on doing looks wise, except for wheels and suspension. Here I was thinking I was unique.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'm surprised Xlr8 swapped the turbo like that. Is it up and running yet?

Nope. They couldn't finish it yesterday. I'll get it on Monday.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Oil Change, Cabin and CAI filter swap. cleaned my MAF. installed S3 short shifter. then it looked like rain was heading in so i didnt get around to installing my seat trays or my Spulen Oil catch can.. maybe tomorrow will not be too cold and maybe i can persuade my brother to lend a hand.

It looks like when i tried to use a torx bit instead of the triple square on my seat bolts the other day i stirpped a few of the bolts. ill need to find a PN or go to a junk yard to find them.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Dude I was just wondering what my car would look like in grabber blue... I'm in love!!