GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
But generally you start squeaking then screeching then grinding. Preferably u swap pads when they start squealing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
But generally you start squeaking then screeching then grinding. Preferably u swap pads when they start squealing.

Thanks ! I guess it’s time for new pads then... I am actually still on stick pads since 2013 lol

Any recommendations on pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Thanks ! I guess it’s time for new pads then... I am actually still on stick pads since 2013 lol

Any recommendations on pads?

Stoptech street pads I'll find link

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Anyone have their strut tower covers chopped off? Thinking of doing it so I can adjust the camber on my coilovers without pulling them out but don't know if it's a thing people do or how much it would cost.

Pic to show what i'm talking about.

I would say it depends, if yours daily driving it and it rains frequently where you live i would avoid it, But if its your weekends track/auto X and stored in a garage or away from the rain then by all means go for it. there's also another option to look into, which would be to cut the top of the tower to give you access to adjust the camber while still keeping the guard intact.I've seen a few people on here that went this route that their coil over/camber plate that are adjusted from the top. i think the only camber plate that you don't need to worry about cutting the top for easy access is the Ground Control camber plates.

Heres an example
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=425&pictureid=2287

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Awesome ! Thanks man !

How do you like them?

They're quiet and bite but don't dust a ton. They do dust but if u wash your car at least once a month u wouldn't notice it. They are also pretty spot on in value for performance brakes.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
They're quiet and bite but don't dust a ton. They do dust but if u wash your car at least once a month u wouldn't notice it. They are also pretty spot on in value for performance brakes.

I would get track pads if your want to track though. If u dd like me these are perfect

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I would say it depends, if yours daily driving it and it rains frequently where you live i would avoid it, But if its your weekends track/auto X and stored in a garage or away from the rain then by all means go for it. there's also another option to look into, which would be to cut the top of the tower to give you access to adjust the camber while still keeping the guard intact.I've seen a few people on here that went this route that their coil over/camber plate that are adjusted from the top. i think the only camber plate that you don't need to worry about cutting the top for easy access is the Ground Control camber plates.

Heres an example
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=425&pictureid=2287

I think I may go with this since it'll be a daily, at least for a while during the summer, and I don't have anywhere inside to park it. Doing it like this should also make it pretty easy to make some sort of cover for the hole as well.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Who's the best James Bond?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
I would get track pads if your want to track though. If u dd like me these are perfect

One more question... would you guys recommend replacing those rotors altogether too? Everyone that I talked to seems to recommend that and said that the rotors are supposed to be replaced together with the pads...

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
One more question... would you guys recommend replacing those rotors altogether too? Everyone that I talked to seems to recommend that and said that the rotors are supposed to be replaced together with the pads...

Lol rotors don’t need to be changed when changing pads unless it’s needed

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

ce4

Ready to race!
alright...need some help. got some money to spend on the car 4-500$. do i:

A. beluga catback exhaust
B. ECS Hi Flow Boost Pipes and Turbo Muffler delete
C. VW dg springs and stud conversion with flush wheel spacers
D. Rear Sway bar and front lca bushings rear postion ( or dead set kit)

Really looking for overall bang for the buck. I'd love to do a lot more (dp/intake) but not ready to retune yet. I want a better sounding exhaust BUT I want to ride lower BUT i want a lil better handling.

Thots...ideas...suggestions? It is my DD too.