GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GTI7871

Banned
Post all questions you think might be a bit random or a bit stupid in here instead of making threads of "stupid" question all over the forum...

Sometimes we just have a simple question and we don't have the courage to ask. Please guys, let's keep this thread clean and simple.

FORGOT TO MENTION: GOLFMK6 RELATED QUESTIONS! (FOR THOSE FIRST TWO SMART-ASSES that already posted)

Last edited:

GTI7871

Banned
My car have almost 20k and yesterday i noticed that my front calipers turned pink. I know already about the G2 paint caliper but... Can we claim that issue under warranty?

Modshack1

My car have almost 20k and yesterday i noticed that my front calipers turned pink. I know already about the G2 paint caliper but... Can we claim that issue under warranty?
No..In lieu of warranty, VW will make a contribution to Breast cancer research in your name.. Thank you for going pink.

2PointSLO

CPO 2dr GTI Autobahn owners...

did your GTI come w/ a trunk lid when you bought your car?
dealership told me that it is NOT standard on the 2dr but is on the 4dr? how about the cargo nets & cargo blocks? i have the mat, mine is a 2011 GTI Autobahn...

Modshack1

CPO 2dr GTI Autobahn owners...

did your GTI come w/ a trunk lid when you bought your car?
dealership told me that it is NOT standard on the 2dr but is on the 4dr? how about the cargo nets & cargo blocks? i have the mat, mine is a 2011 GTI Autobahn...
CPO, you're on your own there...It's a used car. Not everyone includes all the accessories when they trade in or the car comes off lease..

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Is there a cup holder in the (Leather) rear seat armrest (yes the center arm rest that is implemented in the seat itself)?

If so...I need a picture and hopefully some info on how i might be able to retrofit it :)

Mine is just flat....i have been hearing it's different in the US.

2PointSLO

Is there a cup holder in the (Leather) rear seat armrest (yes the center arm rest that is implemented in the seat itself)?

If so...I need a picture and hopefully some info on how i might be able to retrofit it :)

Mine is just flat....i have been hearing it's different in the US.
here ya go...

2PointSLO

this is what I found searching on another thread:

1K0862532G 9B9 - Rear Seat Cupholder, Holder
1K0862543E 82V - Rear Seat Cupholder, Cover

didn't see any pics...

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
CPO, you're on your own there...It's a used car. Not everyone includes all the accessories when they trade in or the car comes off lease..
Not true for CPO, in order to be eligible for CPO the vehicle MUST include all the parts/accessories it came with when it was initially delivered. This even includes both switchblades and the valet key. Call VWoA.