GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth Module

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
If you don't have Bluetooth already you'll need to add a harness and microphone. You can buy them for $78 shipped from a place I found online and it's plug and play. If you don't have a steering wheel with buttons or the buttons on the overhead console then you'll need to add the steering wheel or buy an RCD-510 or RNS.

The version E Bluetooth is gone. I have D and J. I can get a version E. It would be $180 shipped using priority mail.

gli_tuna

Hi Barry,

I realized I'm having the "not playing in stereo" problem. While playing music from a bluetooth streaming source, both sides play the right channel of the audio stream only.

Is this something that can be fixed with VCDS, or is it an issue with the "7P6 035 730 J" BT module or the RCD-510 "1K0 035 180 AE" head unit?

Thanks,

Jamie

Last edited:

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
You need to go to your local dealership to get the software update for your radio. It's an issue with the AE radios using the newer modules.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I'll look around, but your update isn't released yet. It should be coming out soon. I just checked the updates last light at the dealership and the only one that's been released is for the AF radio so far.

gli_tuna

So the update that showed for the AF radio definitely won't work?

Is it true that some people have received an early copy of the update for the AE radio?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if anyone has received it, but it's not on the VW Hub website. No, the AF version bulletin says that it may cause damage to the AE version.

gli_tuna

I called VW Care today, and they weren't super helpful, but they did say they were going to follow up with my dealer and then a Regional Case Manager will get back to me by the end of the day on Wednesday.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I checked VW Hub today and nothing yet. The bulletin that VW posted for the AF radio says that's other radios may experience the same issue, but SW0008 isn't designed for others and that a fix will be available.

JettaMobile

I've got an '11 gti with the Rns-315. I'd like to have the ability to control/see info for music when steaming over BT. I understand I need the newer BT module to accomplish this, and that should be all I need, correct? If so, can you source this part, and how much? Feel free to pm me. Thanks.

gli_tuna

Still no AE radio updates. There are a lot of TDI updates though.

Yeah, this is so incredibly annoying to me that I bought an AF radio. I'll probably install it on Monday, so I'll have an AE for sale then, if anyone is interested. Also I have an AD for sale, lol.