GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth Module

Staudie

BarryT82,

I've got an '11 gti with the Rns-315. I'd like to have the ability to control/see info for music when steaming over BT. I understand I need the newer BT module to accomplish this, and that should be all I need, correct? If so, can you source this part, and how much? Feel free to pm me. Thanks.

Same question

Thanks,
Staudie

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
It's not going to show the information but you'll be able to change songs using the steering wheel buttons or the radio. You'll need an E, F, or J module. I should have a few this week. To see the info on the screen you have to have the newer version RNS-315 and use the internal Bluetooth.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
That's correct. All of the RNS-315's have it built-in, it's just not activated. You have to buy a different microphone to use it too.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Hi Barry -- looks like I may be able to find the answers and/or part I may here--

I have a 2010 gti, with a RCD-510 - I think version AD as it has MUTE button not PHONE.

I'm wanting the functionality of:
-loading phonebook/numbers into module
-caller name/number on screeen with incoming calls (either head unit or MFD)
-able to scroll through names/numbers to call out, or speak name number to dial out...

do I need a better/newer BT module for this, or newerbetter head unit.....or both?

gli_tuna

AE or AF. They both have the added functionality of being able to control bluetooth music playback via radio and steering wheel controls, and they make it easy to select your device for playback.

The AE has the major flaw of streaming BT right channel only thru all speakers. VW says they are "working on it" but this radio has been out for over a year, meaning the fix should be available, *any day now* ;-)

Basically, AF's are rare, but buy that if you can, unless you just don't care about BT streaming, which honestly is the best feature of this radio in my opinion.

Also you DO need a new BT module, but those are easy to come by.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
Hi Barry -- looks like I may be able to find the answers and/or part I may here--

I have a 2010 gti, with a RCD-510 - I think version AD as it has MUTE button not PHONE.

I'm wanting the functionality of:
-loading phonebook/numbers into module
-caller name/number on screeen with incoming calls (either head unit or MFD)
-able to scroll through names/numbers to call out, or speak name number to dial out...

do I need a better/newer BT module for this, or newerbetter head unit.....or both?

If you have a 2010 then you have the version AC radio and 9W2 bluetooth. You can swap out just the bluetooth module and have access to the phonebook on the MFD. The early version AE radio didn't have the issues, it's only the later version with SW 16 and the later HW version. I put one of the first AE's in my Tiguan and it worked flawlessly. If you upgrade the head unit you'll have the phone screen, HD radio, bluetooth info will display on the radio screen, and it's a little faster, but if you can handle just using the MFD then just get a bluetooth module. The voice recognition sucks in VW's compared to other vehicles I've used it in. The voice recognition in my F-150 is much nicer. I hate it so much that I made the button on the steering wheel a mute button.

benjaminries

Hey again Barry - now I've got an RNS-510 ver. E with the 3690 firmware. I've written to you before so you know I've got a 9w2 from factory.

Can you clarify which versions of the 9w7 will or will not give me problems or extra features, and what kind of wiring harness and/or extra mic I'll need to get so I can have voice control on both the nav and the BT units?

I want to keep my stereo A2DP bluetooth music streaming and also gain BT music track skip through the steering wheel. Sorry, I'm so confused and don't want to grab the wrong 9w7.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
The modules I have will do everything on your RNS-510 revision E. I have this module and the revision e in my wife's car. You'll need the buy the harness for voice command listed on MFD3.com. Scott's a good guy and he'll get it shipped to you fast. I've shipped Bluetooth modules and RNS-510's to Canada.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Barry do you have any of the newer/better 9w7 modules left? My plan now is to get the BT module first, then look for a newer version of the rcd-510(with hd radio, etc) a little down the road

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Barry do you have any of the newer/better 9w7 modules left? My plan now is to get the BT module first, then look for a newer version of the rcd-510(with hd radio, etc) a little down the road

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I have one version D left and that's it. It has does all the display stuff and voice command on the RNS-510, but for some reason it won't do voice recognition. I know it'll do it, but I think it needs to have an SVM at the dealership. Voice recognition sucks either way so you don't have to have it. Voice command is nice though if you ever upgrade to an RNS-510.

KO-R32

Hey Barry, can you tell me what I need in order to get my radio to control streaming audio (i.e. advance tracks)? I have a non-TDI Golf 2011 with super stock radio & BT.