GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing an MK6 back from the grave - My Mk6 Story

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
I've been doing research on the g37's suspension options, and I'm pretty sure i will hate the stance coilovers. I am debating on whether to go full stock or replace the stock springs with lowering springs. The problem is people on the g37 forums don't talk about handling upgrades much, just how they want to go lower and get dat stance, bro.

My plan of attack is:

- Get car Monday and enjoy it for a while.
- Raise car up at least an inch asap.
- Determine how car rides at corrected, non-slammed height
- source stock suspension and sell silly stance setup (alliteration champ)
- Determine if changing springs would be something if want...

Maybe I should just go crazy and get kw v3's. Dat paper doe.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
You will hate those stance coils. You're also way too cheap for legit coils, and anything less isn't better than OEM, IMO.

The car will likely be more marketable when you decide to sell it if it's 100% stock. If I were you, I'd troll the G boards to find stock take-off suspension and call it a day. The car handles great stock, and I don't think there's much room for improvement, honestly.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
You will hate those stance coils. You're also way too cheap for legit coils, and anything less isn't better than OEM, IMO.

The car will likely be more marketable when you decide to sell it if it's 100% stock. If I were you, I'd troll the G boards to find stock take-off suspension and call it a day. The car handles great stock, and I don't think there's much room for improvement, honestly.
Truuf spit.

Gotta start trolling forums, you are right.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
I'm still waiting on it. It was supposed to be delivered Monday, then it was supposed to be last night. Now it was supposed to be this morning. This is silly. Damn you winter storm Albert or whatever your stupid name is!

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Just called the truck driver - should be here in 2 hours. We'll see, I'm not getting my hopes up...

I'm probably going to close this thread once I get the G37 all settled in and be done with golfmk6.com. Its been a great ride, but I don't really have anything to contribute here anymore besides posting BS about salvage cars and basements (hell, even that project is done).

I've contemplated going over to the other new forum, but I've often wondered if it is worth the effort. I'm going to mod my new car, and I like talking with everyone about cars in general, but it seems like all the forum does is make me want other cars. Car ADD fighting for me starts with not joining another message forum lol. IDK, maybe I'll start a thread over there. I'd like this infiniti to last long enough to get me into an M6 SS, which means 2-3 years. Could be more, could (but not likely) be less, depending on the prices. Hell, by then we will probably have a second kid, and maybe I will want to go for a used SRT Grand Cherokee.. its all in the future.

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
Just called the truck driver - should be here in 2 hours. We'll see, I'm not getting my hopes up...

I'm probably going to close this thread once I get the G37 all settled in and be done with golfmk6.com. Its been a great ride, but I don't really have anything to contribute here anymore besides posting BS about salvage cars and basements (hell, even that project is done).

I've contemplated going over to the other new forum, but I've often wondered if it is worth the effort. I'm going to mod my new car, and I like talking with everyone about cars in general, but it seems like all the forum does is make me want other cars. Car ADD fighting for me starts with not joining another message forum lol. IDK, maybe I'll start a thread over there. I'd like this infiniti to last long enough to get me into an M6 SS, which means 2-3 years. Could be more, could (but not likely) be less, depending on the prices. Hell, by then we will probably have a second kid, and maybe I will want to go for a used SRT Grand Cherokee.. its all in the future.

Glad to hear your car is finally arriving. The new forum seems to be more just shooting the breeze about all kinds of things not just cars. No one is really talking about swaping cars every other day as much as they used to. You should check it out just for the hell of it!

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
G37 drives great! It's fast, it at least much faster than what I'm used to. It needs work though. I factored that into my purchase price, but I've already talked to the seller about it and he is willing to work with me on it. It's never easy! But daym, dat vq engine. I can't wait to get it buttoned up and make it my daily!

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
G37 drives great! It's fast, it at least much faster than what I'm used to. It needs work though. I factored that into my purchase price, but I've already talked to the seller about it and he is willing to work with me on it. It's never easy! But daym, dat vq engine. I can't wait to get it buttoned up and make it my daily!

What exactly needs works? I know you said it had stance springs, but what else is wrong with it. Glad the thing is fast and you were able to drive it in the frigged cold that is MN without dying.

Last edited:

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Well gents, it's been a while. It's been a terrible few months with regard to cars - the G37 I bought had many more issues that were found after digging into it more. Like structural, safety issues. It was returned to the seller and my money was refunded. Without going into it, it was the most stressful transaction I've had to deal with. But it's over now.

But as they say, It's always darkest before the dawn, right?

Coming soon to the garage attached to my house:

Lots more info to come. I'm going to be a father in a week, so obviously that is the first priority. But, yes, I will be driving, in my opinion, the ultimate dad-mobile; a CTS-V Wagon.

That is all for now.