GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing an MK6 back from the grave - My Mk6 Story

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
The truck will be going up for sale asap. Gotta get rid of it while the market is still hot.

Not a bad idea considering that gas prices still remain low for the moment.

Are you gonna buy some winter tires for the g37 or just wing it for the rest of the winter?

Might be a good time to buy some winter tires due to the tire places trying to unload them at the end of the season.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Stance kills tires, suspension bushings, mounts, not to mention subframes by hitting speedbumps, etc.

You're a braver man than I. I would never buy a car that's been stanced. There's just too much potential for damage.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Not a bad idea considering that gas prices still remain low for the moment.

Are you gonna buy some winter tires for the g37 or just wing it for the rest of the winter?

Might be a good time to buy some winter tires due to the tire places trying to unload them at the end of the season.
Eventually, yes. I'm not sure what tire it's got on it right now, so I will assess when it gets here, but most likely yes. I found a set of blizzaks that should work on Craigslist, I just need to be sure that the 18's they are on will fit over the big 6mt brakes

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
You wouldn't be able to buy a set of new wheels and tires in 18's for anything close to that.

Do you know the offsets?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Wow, congrats man on the G! :clap:
The interior looks really nice

Sounds like you got it cheap & it's newer than anything else you were looking at, plus with lower miles

So are you going to get it, or having it shipped?

You said you found the price of what the guy paid for it before (fixing it)....were there any pics of the damage?

Onto the truck.....sell it right away or keep driving it?

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Wow, congrats man on the G! :clap:
The interior looks really nice

Sounds like you got it cheap & it's newer than anything else you were looking at, plus with lower miles

So are you going to get it, or having it shipped?

You said you found the price of what the guy paid for it before (fixing it)....were there any pics of the damage?

Onto the truck.....sell it right away or keep driving it?

Getting it shipped. It's cheaper that way, and easier on the schedule.

I didn't find the price before the fix, I found one pic. Damage definitely looked like a totaled car, but not unrepairable. Plus I only found one pic, so it's tough to say, but it's all fixed now.

The truck week be sold immediately to take advantage of the winter awd advantage. I cleaned up the interior yesterday, and will be taking pics soon. I should be able to make a decent amount of money on the thing!