GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

MINIAC-17

Ready to race!
Your gun appears to have a carbine length gas system so they would probably work but may have fitment issues. If you can spring for it i'd wait and get a higher quality product with known reputation. I've bought a lot of cheap gun crap over the years and almost always regretted it later.

Wolf is ok range ammo. It tends to be somewhat lower powered so may not run in some guns as well in others. The only other issue is they use a polymer coated steel case, the polymer can come off in hot chamber and stick. But that is a pretty remote issue unless your gun is really dirty or something. I would have no problem shooting Wolf, thing is nowadays you can often find good milsurp for about the same price.

Wolf ammo SUCKS. some ranges don't allow it, and I wouldn't use it unless you LOVE cleaning your gun.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Winchester white box is cheap enough, and much better. That's what I usually run in my G23

i can confirm. really clean ammo for the price. $26 for 100 rounds at walmart..was actually cheaper than federal. It'll probably be my go to brand unless i can scoop some up at gun show for cheaper this year.

damn home defense/hollow ammo is pricey.

I thought the sale of "high capacity" magazines was banned in Chicago last year? Or did it not pass?
it got passed for handguns. not sure about rifles.

MINIAC-17

Ready to race!
i can confirm. really clean ammo for the price. $26 for 100 rounds at walmart..was actually cheaper than federal. It'll probably be my go to brand unless i can scoop some up at gun show for cheaper this year.

damn home defense ammo is pricey.

You can 25 HPX rounds at Wally World for 25ish. You should try Glaser Safety Slugs! They are hollow points filled with shot, sometimes oil as well. They sell them in 6 packs for 12-32 bucks!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416166019.180495.jpg

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Local gun range has this as black friday special....

good deal?

"Bushmaster 90396 XM-15 AR-15 Carbine A3 Patrolman SA 223/5.56 16" with a 30 round magazine at the great price of $799.99 "

if so...what type of savings we talking about?

Other than the sights and carry handle, I don't see the difference between this one and the one I got (Optics Ready XM15). I paid $589 for mine, ended up being maybe $660 after tax, something like that. I know sights and handle are worth something, but I think you may be able to find a better deal.

Wolf ammo SUCKS. some ranges don't allow it, and I wouldn't use it unless you LOVE cleaning your gun.

That's what my buddy said too. Said it shoots fine, but you need to clean your gun after every trip. But considering Wolf is $22 per 100rnds, that's a pretty big price difference over anything else I've found. Next cheapest I've found so far is the box of federals I bought at Walmart the other day, $39.99 for 100. If there are better deals and I'm missing them though, I'm definitely down for them :D

Not necessarily thrilled about cleaning my gun after every trip :yikes:

damn home defense/hollow ammo is pricey.

it got passed for handguns. not sure about rifles.

Yeah, I've noticed that too lately. Been looking at picking up a box of hollow points for my 9mm, but they're $25-30 for a box of 20...I'll just keep FMJ's in there for now...:thumbdown:

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've noticed that too lately. Been looking at picking up a box of hollow points for my 9mm, but they're $25-30 for a box of 20...I'll just keep FMJ's in there for now...:thumbdown:

but how much is your life worth?

FWIW, i bought one box, popped 2-3 through the gun to make sure they ran ok, and just keep them in an extra mag. last time you need to spend that 20 bucks. Its hopefully a one time purchase.

MINIAC-17

Ready to race!
but how much is your life worth?

FWIW, i bought one box, popped 2-3 through the gun to make sure they ran ok, and just keep them in an extra mag. last time you need to spend that 20 bucks. Its hopefully a one time purchase.

I would run a whole box, just to check the mags fully loaded.

Fingolfin

Ready to race!
You can buy Speer Gold Dots online for around fiddy cent a shot at times. It's good stuff.

Yes always good to run a box or more to proof out defense-oriented loads. I recommend at least once through each fully loaded mag you may use for defense to also proof out the mags.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
wow my addiction thickens.... Just picked up a Century Arms C39 Ak-47 Sport... oh no! Bankruptcy here i come... but who cares, MURICA!

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
I would run a whole box, just to check the mags fully loaded.

You can buy Speer Gold Dots online for around fiddy cent a shot at times. It's good stuff.

Yes always good to run a box or more to proof out defense-oriented loads. I recommend at least once through each fully loaded mag you may use for defense to also proof out the mags.

fair point. I did load them atop a FMJ's to simulate a full mag. My gun has never had issues running that were not ammo related. even half blew up once from a reload round not fully seating. those XD's are stout machines.