GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My *one* big gripe with my car is....

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
I hate the placement of the bluetooth button on the roof. Shit should be on the floor somewhere.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Sunglass holder that cannot fit normal sized sunglasses.

What do you consider 'normal sized"?? LOL Holds mine fine with room to spare.

Most of the gripes here are due to class and price point of the car. If you wanted RWD and full LSD then you bought the wrong car. :D

My only complaint goes along with the other crys for not having at least the OPTION for more euro options. My specific gripe?

COLORS!!!!!!

And not JUST the limited factory colors in the first place, but the color selection at dealers. There are only what 6 or 7 factory colors? My dealer has never had more than 4 of them anyway.

Where's the green? The yellow even? Even the damn Root Beer color available on the Jetta, Beetle, and Passat would have been a nice thought.

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
Green or yellow gti would look aweful!!!

Oh the other poster said about not having an on position. I thought that was a sin on VW but you can actually push the power button and it lets u listen to the radio for 30 min intervals. Pretty clever actually and u don't have to have the key in the ignition.

Ok for my gripes, small rattles, none automatic headlamps!!!

Ok I'm 5'6 and I like my seat low but the sun visor is too high ARGH!!!!! And oh the sunglass holder that others have mentioned. Mine don't fit.

Last edited:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Sunglass holder. My sunglasses do fit, though, albeit barely. Just annoys me that they need to be a particular way to fit in properly.
Heavy ass stock wheels. This will be fixed in due time.

Carbon buildup is annoying, too. However, it's not impossible to deal with. I plan on performing an intake cleaning at 50k.

I really don't have any major qualms aside from that. The other stuff that did annoy me was fixable with VCDS. I installed the euro switch, disabled my DRLs, and enabled the 2-step stability control disable. Quite honestly, I love this car.

palma

Ready to race!
My main complaint is the damn throttle pedal and the lag/input.

Slow up and down windows

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Blind spot after rear door window
Rear hatch/rear bumper gets dirty too easily
Manual slide adjust on front seats
Factory fmic sandwiched between radiator and A/C condenser
Limited colors to choose from
Two interior options

Last edited:

infanterene

Passed Driver's Ed
No limited slip, id pay for it as an option.
I cant get the seat in the perfect position, always seems like the front is to high.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I really don't have any. The weight of the stock wheels maybe. But that's nit picking

McQueen77

Banned
unreliable bluetooth connection/phone pairing
worthless iPod interface
worthless sunglasses holder
suspension that allows you to feel every single pebble, crack and imperfection in the road. i get it, youre 'sporty'.
looooong clutch travel, which makes a 5'8" guy like myself have to get too close to the wheel i.e. knees would get pulverized in an accident.
unremarkable Hp/Tq output from stock engine, thus driving me to tune the car and thus risk getting totally railed on warranty claims
mysterious rattles, squeaks etc.

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!
-lack of auto lights (especially even OEM projectors on higher end packages)
-steering feels a little loose
-the fact that I couldn't find any CW at any dealers I went to with the options I wanted
-lack of phone Bluetooth control (like viewing songs and playlist on phone)
-fact that it doesn't come with open/close Windows with key fob from factory.(I know vag-com can fix it)

sent from your sister's room using Tapatalk 2

legandrex

Ready to race!
My one big gripe is:
1. I think I am going to break the mirror switch every time I turn mirror defroster on. Feels very cheap.

Not so big gripes.
2. Exhaust soot builds up on lower part of exhaust pipes and if you don't clean it off every few days it bakes on and you have to use sand paper go get off.
3. Water drips from doors for about a week after a car wash.
4. How about louder exhaust and no Soundaktor.
5. Wish I could hear at least a little bit of the turbo.
6. Door lock horn sound...alarm beep would be better.
7. Window seal noise when body flexes.