GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My *one* big gripe with my car is....

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
ew. with a side of ew. that looks like the Chevy SS truck gone euro style.

It's a Holden Ute, and unless you've been to/spent some time in Australia most people will never understand it. Utes are a fact of life down there.

I don't mind having something that is RWD, has the versatility of a pickup and the handling of a sports car with the torque of an LS3 if anything.

Win/win

I think it did: Circa 1983 Dodge Rampage Pickup :p
View attachment 28412

Ehhh still FWD and garbage

At least Holden vehicles are built Aussie tough :p

:drool:

I have a thing for Aussie V8's :D

kern417

Go Kart Champion
The stock clutch, which I assume is made of paper mache

The slightly longer time the DSG engages the reverse gear coming from drive, almost seems like I'm taking my sweet time parking into a slot while a line of cars form waiting to pass.

you're just too used to fast shifts :p

Manual slide adjust on front seats

still not sure why everything else in electric but that. and why my drivers side is electric but my passenger side is all manual

-fact that it doesn't come with open/close Windows with key fob from factory.(I know vag-com can fix it)

what makes it worse is you can open/close windows with the keys in the lock, but can't do it just from the fob. why would you only enable the more difficult one from factory is beyond me.

My one big gripe is:
1. I think I am going to break the mirror switch every time I turn mirror defroster on. Feels very cheap.
3. Water drips from doors for about a week after a car wash.

agree. and i also hate after it's rained if you open your window the car drops in water it saved for you in case you were thirsty

Why in the absolute hell doesn't the sunroof dial light up?
This has pissed me off since day one.

back in 05.5 models they had rain sensors, puddle lights, completely illuminated overhead panel, etc. each year since models have lost options. presumably cost savings. I think it's dumb that if i'd bought a car a few years sooner i'd have a 3rd light in my overhead console, but half way through mk5's they stopped putting in the light in the middle.

just quoted a bunch i agree with, also one i hate is horrible placement imo of the power outlet, and i only have one in the cabin then one in the trunk for some reason. i'd rather have it in the back of the armrest then in the trunk.

also i think it's dumb that i noticed they never design Rs with fog lights, even though that doesn't affect me directly.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Sunglass holder and non Auto Headlights...
37k msrp car should have auto headlights someone should kick VWOA in the nuts for that

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
My one big gripe is:
1. I think I am going to break the mirror switch every time I turn mirror defroster on. Feels very cheap.

Not so big gripes.
2. Exhaust soot builds up on lower part of exhaust pipes and if you don't clean it off every few days it bakes on and you have to use sand paper go get off.
3. Water drips from doors for about a week after a car wash.
4. How about louder exhaust and no Soundaktor.
5. Wish I could hear at least a little bit of the turbo.
6. Door lock horn sound...alarm beep would be better.
7. Window seal noise when body flexes.

I would have to agree. The stupid mirror knob seems so flimsy when you rotate it. For #6, you can replace the horn siren with a real siren like I did. Via VCDS, active the "unlock/disarm" chirp confirmation and you will be much happier.

kern417, a Jetta 2.0T and a GTI have different seats BTW.

v6viking

Ready to race!
unreliable bluetooth connection/phone pairing.

Oh, I forgot about this one....how is it that you can make a call on your handsfree, and then the next incoming call will not get picked up, nor can it be transferred to the car?? WTF??

2PointSLO

Go Kart Champion
agree with most:

sunglass holder too small
radio turns off when you turn off the car
not having the option to turn off DRL(instead of VAGcom)
iphone/ipod connectivity issues

my complaint:

rear camera should've been standard

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
agree with most:

sunglass holder too small
radio turns off when you turn off the car
not having the option to turn off DRL(instead of VAGcom)
iphone/ipod connectivity issues

my complaint:

rear camera should've been standard

Like usual, we get the "watered down" version while other markets get the good stuff. :cry:

2PointSLO

Go Kart Champion
^ you have ipod connection issues as well?

:mindblown:

yeah, it's gotta be the wire. every once in a while i can't go to the next song when i use the controls on the steering wheel. i would have to d/c the ipod then reconnect and then it works again... :iono:

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
yeah, it's gotta be the wire. every once in a while i can't go to the next song when i use the controls on the steering wheel. i would have to d/c the ipod then reconnect and then it works again... :iono:

That's weird. My ipod completely stopped working one day in my car.

The "GTI" on the headrests should have been in red.

I am selling this piece of junk ASAP...

That wouldve been nice, but can probably make for a small DIY.

But....you're selling your car? :O