GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Projector Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
I have noticed the rainbow light right at the upper cut off on mine as well.

Sometimes bulb placement can affect this rainbow effect but it can be seen a many projectors where you get a color gradient. Try grabbing the bulb while it is on and move it so you can see how it affects the light.

Also has anyone or know if you can change the projector lens/projectors? I am not a fan of the light pattern these put out. I also really wish the horizontal adjustments were not one time use devices.

The projector is held in with four screws which can be removed from the backside but it does take finesse. The adjusters can be adjusted but like we've stated if they are over clocked it is possible for them to strip out. You should be able to turn the adjuster on the outside and watch it move internally or identify at least where the issue lies with the adjustment. If it was stripped you may have to use your hand to assist the axles in turning the adjuster internally.

Wish Joseph would respond to my questions and help me out on this problem.. This is not the 1st time no response to my emails or posts on here..

Now I have a brand new problem.. All of a sudden now my passenger side hid only work with high beam mode.. When I put low beams on it starts to flicker then shuts off.. Does this sound like a VAG COM problem? Guys any info would be appreciated.. These lights are driving me crazy

Lucky#Slevin,

We don't have any recent emails from you regarding any issues. Our PM is turned off so we haven't received any PM's. The only question in this thread I see is the one from the 12th which we must have overlooked but we have no way to email you if we don't have your contact information. Please contact us via email or through our website.

Wish Joseph would respond to my questions and help me out on this problem.. This is not the 1st time no response to my emails or posts on here..

Now I have a brand new problem.. All of a sudden now my passenger side hid only work with high beam mode.. When I put low beams on it starts to flicker then shuts off.. Does this sound like a VAG COM problem? Guys any info would be appreciated.. These lights are driving me crazy

Best thing you can do is just get the stock lights from factory. I had these lights for a long time and the only thing they would give me is problems. They always are messing up and are always having problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goose1

Ready to race!
So I had some water get into the headlights, I noticed the passenger side wire harness is very close to the turn signal light cover making easy to misalign the cover. Here is a before and after, after getting the water that pooled with paper towels and letting the vents do their thing.

After, don't mind the dirty lens there is loads of salt on the roads

No moisture in the headlight anymore. I went ahead and put some silicone lube on the covers but after making sure they are both sealed properly I think that might be overkill.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

ducatiti

Ready to race!
So I had some water get into the headlights, I noticed the passenger side wire harness is very close to the turn signal light cover making easy to misalign the cover. Here is a before and after, after getting the water that pooled with paper towels and letting the vents do their thing.

After, don't mind the dirty lens there is loads of salt on the roads

No moisture in the headlight anymore. I went ahead and put some silicone lube on the covers but after making sure they are both sealed properly I think that might be overkill.

Never had water droplets inside like that before but after applying a thin layer around the flexible rubber cap, I haven't seen any condensation.

So far, well worth the money having this on almost two years now. If it ever fails, I will just reinstall my almost new stock headlights.

goose1

Ready to race!
2 days of snow and heavy rain and still dry on the inside

goose1

Ready to race!
Installed my morimoto hid kit and no errors, their newer bulbs require extensive modification as the base is much wider than any other bulb, looks like a d2s without the connector on the end. Hit it with the dremel for a bit and shaved off the small inner tabs on the bulb holder and they fit fine now, no shaking and the cutoff looks exactly the same with no hot spots. While I had the dremel out I shaved off the top of the bulb so the return wire doesn't leave a shadow.

vag94

Hey @goose I have just installed the same headlights from DEPO. I had an issue with moisture right after driving around like 5 km. What I did is that I made 2 small holes on the rubber cap and it seems to be fine now. I'm now worried that water might come in when washing the car with high pressure hose.. ?? :confused::confused:

Last edited:

goose1

Ready to race!
Hey check both caps, especially the one for the turn signal, I noticed the passenger side likes to catch on the wiring harness and not seat properly, give that one a bit of a tug to make sure it's properly sealed, you could also use a dab of silicone lube. Since the first time after making sure everything was good I haven't had any leaks, condensation, or even misting on either headlight.

goose1

Ready to race!
Oh also whichever light had moisture, reach inside with a rag or paper towel and check if there is any standing water, I had a decent amount which I just soaked up with some paper towels.

vag94

Thanks for the reply. I havent had much condensation as I saw that it started to mist a bit.. I immediately took off the caps so they're completely dry now for a few days. I have now resealed the caps and it seems to be good now. I also did a car wash and it was okay. Fingers crossed it stays the way. Thanks again! :)

goose1

Ready to race!
Yeah we had some super heavy rain last night and the headlights were fine

goose1

Ready to race!
Crappy cell phone pics

Morimoto XB35 4500K with shaved down base to fit the bulb holder

vag94

So after a few days now, today, the fog in the headlights returned like a satan from hell (rainy day + low beam). I just can't get rid of it..

These are the photos when it just started to build up, I then quickly removed the rubber caps so it vented out.

It was much worse when I waited for like 10 minutes, half of the headlight was fogged :S

goose1

Ready to race!
Might be worth getting some silica gel packs and leaving them in there, if you have any water in the headlight I would thing they are more likely to fog or mist up

Status
Not open for further replies.