GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Projector Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

vag94

Might be worth getting some silica gel packs and leaving them in there, if you have any water in the headlight I would thing they are more likely to fog or mist up

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I mind stuffing anything inside the housing :/ Doin this all over again? everytime it builds up? No thank you.. I just want a permanent solution to this.. Don't the lights have like vents underneath? they should have those.. Or can I order some more sealed caps? plastic/rubber?

goose1

Ready to race!
Check to see that all your vents are in place should be 3 or 4 right angle rubber things at the corners of the headlight
Here is one pointed out

goose1

Ready to race!
Also the silica packs and about twice the size of the key

vag94

Also the silica packs and about twice the size of the key

I have just checked for the vents, they're up and fitted correctly. As long as I don't use halogens and just daylight led's it's fine. But I wonder why did I had 1 whole week without misting and I was driving mostly with halogens.. It started today.. :S I don't understand.

03boostedGTi

Ready to race!
any new feedback on these? I just read the whole thread and its pretty mixed on reviews. anyone using new lot of these and how are they?

goose1

Ready to race!
After some heavy rain and several runs through the high pressure touchless carwash I haven't had any water get into the housings

penfold1981

Any more info on the coding for getting the led's to wink wink when the indicators are on? Also I am in the uk with the auto switch. So with the switch in auto are the led's active? Currently I have the dual high beam/drl H15 bulb so theoretically I would need to code the drl as ........?

sairaag

Ready to race!
Having issues with my helix head lights.

I purchased from you about a month and a half ago and I just got around installing them this weekend. Today itt rained all day and both my head lights are fogged up and full on condensation.

I checked the caps and they are sealed, everything else works fine aside from getting condensation which is very annoying.

what can you do for me?

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Having issues with my helix head lights.

I purchased from you about a month and a half ago and I just got around installing them this weekend. Today itt rained all day and both my head lights are fogged up and full on condensation.

I checked the caps and they are sealed, everything else works fine aside from getting condensation which is very annoying.

what can you do for me?

Goose mentioned adding silicone lube to the caps may help seal the caps. BMC used silica packs to absorb moister and found that to work for them. Depending on the climate, especially area's with higher humidity can exhibit condensation. There is a link in post 1 regarding condensation and a factory TSB from VW.

Feel free to send us images via email.

sairaag

Ready to race!
Goose mentioned adding silicone lube to the caps may help seal the caps. BMC used silica packs to absorb moister and found that to work for them. Depending on the climate, especially area's with higher humidity can exhibit condensation. There is a link in post 1 regarding condensation and a factory TSB from VW.

ok, I will try both and see what happens

sairaag

Ready to race!

I will get pictures tonight, I tried silica pcks and silicone lube around the caps and the passenger head lights is still get condensation inside.

goose1

Ready to race!
More rain, still no moisture after the first incident

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Seriously these headlights suck.. Do not waste your money on these like I did.. Have had nothing but problems since day friggin 1.. 4 hundred something dollars down the drain.. I'm about to go back to stock halogen.. Tired of the constant condensation, high beam projectors lenses getting stuck and ugly light scatter.. Bottom line These lights are shit.

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Seriously these headlights suck.. Do not waste your money on these like I did.. Have had nothing but problems since day friggin 1.. 4 hundred something dollars down the drain.. I'm about to go back to stock halogen.. Tired of the constant condensation, high beam projectors lenses getting stuck and ugly light scatter.. Bottom line These lights are shit.

Lucky condensation is nothing we have shied away from. We provide information with links in the first post of this thread as well as purchase advisories letting end users know this may be an issue.

Depo includes paperwork inside the packaging advising on causes of condensation. Now we have gone back and forth with folks about whether condensation is normal or not and to each their own. Volkswagen is a lot more qualified than we may be here at OPDparts but Volkswagen themselves cannot prevent this issue and will not cover it under warranty because it is a natural occurrence. Climates play a large roll on this as well, the east coast suffers a lot more than the west coast does due to humidity. Volkswagen now includes a blurb within the owners manual describing condensation as normal. Theirs words not mine.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17020

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14422

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3627

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43149

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8171

Now the reason we advise on Silica packs is because we learned that Acura uses these in their OEM headlight assemblies. We didn't just make this up and so we gave it a try and have found really good success with this. For it to work though, you must dry your headlight unit completely. Absolutely dry and not a drip of water then apply the silica packs and others can confirm. Here is an Acura post about this: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/54522-headlight-condensation-fix.html

Now regarding the high beam issue, this is an issue. I agree 100% and we have offered from the beginning to take the lights in an repair them ourselves to make them right. I have even taken in second hand lights not purchased from us to help those in need or at least provide the info to correct the issue. Lucky we offered to repair your lights and we were declined, we try our best to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.