GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We'll Never be Royal Balls #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Dude, don't replace your clutch without getting a lightweight SMFW. It's one of the best upgrades you can get for every day driving.

yep the chatter noise from outside is fun :laugh: i thought about smfw since its 11 ibs lighter, until i saw some videos of chatter and go for regular dmfw instead, i mean hey at least people won't be curious in traffic thinking my car could be broken

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Was barely noticeable on the S4 or Z06, seems like the Yaris motor shouldn't be much worse if any but I could be wrong. No noise at idle, no noise above ~1600 RPM, and some light chatter under load from 1000-1600.

My car had the lightweight SMF from 034 on it when I met you guys, what did it sound like?

I think the bigger engines might do a better job of suppressing the noise, honestly, but I don't recall being around the S4 when it was idling.

You might also have a higher tolerance for NVH #becauseracecardriver.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Was barely noticeable on the S4 or Z06, seems like the Yaris motor shouldn't be much worse if any but I could be wrong. No noise at idle, no noise above ~1600 RPM, and some light chatter under load from 1000-1600.

My car had the lightweight SMF from 034 on it when I met you guys, what did it sound like?

I have no experience with those cars, but on my 350z, it was super obvious inside and outside of the car. It had a super loud clicking anytime the engine was under load at low rpm (anything under 3K) that just sounded like my car was broken. People would look and stare in parking lots, and my passengers would ask what was broken. It really took some of the fun out of driving the car, because I would try to avoid the rpm where it would make the noise. I did enjoy the way it made the engine rev and shift more quickly, but it wasn't even close to worth it imo.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Weird. No one ever even noticed the chatter in the S4 unless I turned off the radio and HVAC and crawled around a parking lot in 2nd gear pointing out the faint grinding noise to them. Guess it varies a lot depending on the particular engine and/or flywheel. This was a 13 lb machined aluminum piece compared to the 27 lb stock dual-mass unit. It was by far my favorite upgrade on that car.

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
It sounds like balls. I've only ever heard it on a WRX, but it still sounded awful. Didn't seem worth the small benefit, IMO.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Crappy bathroom lighting, but this is it:

I've had it for about 7 years or so, it needs to be touched up really bad.

Do like

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Did anyone else notice the tri's and bi's on Abbey?

I have said it many times before, but it bears repeating.

Damn girl. You fine.

Sweet tat too. I like what you did with it.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Weird. No one ever even noticed the chatter in the S4 unless I turned off the radio and HVAC and crawled around a parking lot in 2nd gear pointing out the faint grinding noise to them. Guess it varies a lot depending on the particular engine and/or flywheel. This was a 13 lb machined aluminum piece compared to the 27 lb stock dual-mass unit. It was by far my favorite upgrade on that car.

Geez I had no idea the regular DMFW was so freaking heavy! nearly 30 lbs? that's a lot to rotate compared to 12 lbs.

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Did anyone else notice the tri's and bi's on Abbey?

I have said it many times before, but it bears repeating.

Damn girl. You fine.

Sweet tat too. I like what you did with it.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yes, Abbey. I lift. Have you not seen the topless snaps??

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Abby, I think we need to talk about the tile in your bathroom. Yikes, green.

Yeah, if you can imagine it, it was worse when I bought the house. That bathroom....ugh...the walls, tile, door, and ceiling were all green.

Status
Not open for further replies.