GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone not have issues with their MK6?

Leeland111

I'm trying to catch the tail end of the MK6's, but I keep reading the horror stories. I'd like to hear from the folks that have been trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
13' GTI bought last February, 0 issues. Currently 33,000 KMs, stage 1 at 10,000 KMs

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
2011 57k miles. K04 installed around 10k then f23t installed around 45k. Only issue was water pump replaced under warranty while f23t.

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
26,000 miles. Nothing.

jread

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2012 has 33k on it. Intake manifold replaced at 20k, but otherwise PERFECT. Wife's Honda and her previous car (Toyota) had more problems.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
55K miles on my 2010 DSG GTI and I haven't had a single part fail. I still get paranoid after reading all the horror stories online, but so far so good. For whatever reason it seems people either have almost no problems with their car or a ton of problems, not much in the middle.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
2012 MK6 MT with about 15.2k miles on it. Replaced coil packs (precautionary) and had a funky start once. No real problems though.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
The issues are blown out of proportion because it's an online forum and people are quick to post problems. No one posts a thread about how they've had no issues and everything has been great.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
2013 bought in November '13. Just about to break 5k mikes no issues.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
True, people will only post about problems. Not post to say how great the car has been running for X amount of miles. Very similar to how a boss treats you at work.

I'm trying to catch the tail end of the MK6's, but I keep reading the horror stories. I'd like to hear from the folks that have been trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16k miles, bought in June of 2012.

Zero mechanical issues on stock GTI (aside from major VAGCOM fettling)

Only issue is alignment gets knocked off by potholes sort of easily; or it could just be moody Dunlops.

Either way... Very sound car.