GOLFMKV

Anyone not have issues with their MK6?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
2011 model purchased Dec. of '10.

My battery went.
But batteries are not the car.

Other than that, perfect.

Only about 14,000 miles but the car is driven every day.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
This thread is loaded with jinx potential.

'12 with 38K. Replaced water pump somewhere around 32-33K, I think. No other mechanical issues.

*immediately knocks wood*

Have had to replace a cracked windshield and have two bent rims fixed too, but that shit doesn't count.

Still love it as much as the day I bought it.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The issues are blown out of proportion because it's an online forum and people are quick to post problems. No one posts a thread about how they've had no issues and everything has been great.

^^^
What he said, and I think its important to note if some of those problems - like say coil packs - might be more likely to occur in a modded car.

Rascal

Ready to race!
^^^ Agreed. Go log into another car forum (Honda, Subaru, etc.). You will see "horror stories" there too. No such thing as a perfect car.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Had one coil pack fail at 54k miles. According to the service history, that's all it's needed. I used the failure as a maintenance reminder, and replaced all of the coils and plugs for $100. Not bad for 54k miles.

My last 2 Toyotas ('06 Matrix, '07 Corolla) needed ECUs replaced ($1,200 each) before 20k miles.

finklejag

Ready to race!
2010 with 38,700 miles

TPMS reprogrammed
Intake manifold replaced
Window regulator replaced
Electrical short behind radio

Going to need a clutch kit in the future because of the leaking slave cylinder.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Im over 20,000 miles and the car is superb. Yes I had my motor replaced under warranty but that was due to a spark plug failure(electrode failed striking cyl 4). Beyond that the car has been flawless. Its a great car. The issues overall are minor. If you like it get it!

Jaber

Modero
No problems :knockonwood: with either of our cars.

GTI - 3,800 miles
GLI - 3,100 miles

speedster

Go Kart Champion
54k miles. 02 sensors replaced after 2k under warranty. Stage 1 at 36k, k04 around 45k. No other issues other than spark plugs being replaced and battery after 3 years.

*** Knock on wood ***

AM407

Autocross Champion
Bought my 2010 new and have put 65,000 kms on it with no issues. Car is totally stock (except for the lousy a/s tires that got replaced immediately).