GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning/San Antonio,Texas

Eroc93

Ready to race!
I'm looking for a reputable shop in or by San Antonio Texas to tune my car. Haven't heard to many great reviews on the shops in San Antonio. If someone could point me in the right direction.
FYI on my car door situation it should be going in the body shop next Monday :D

NecioVato

Ready to race!
Why not set up an apt with Dub Squared in Arlington - road trip!! Then you can enjoy the tune on the way back to SA. They have to be one of the best shops in the Dallas area. Just my .02

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Why not set up an apt with Dub Squared in Arlington - road trip!! Then you can enjoy the tune on the way back to SA. They have to be one of the best shops in the Dallas area. Just my .02

I just came from Dallas not to long ago.. Might have to do the trip just to have the peace of mind my tune was did right.
Last time coming back this camaro SS and I were running for 60 miles with each other he whooped my ass bad. Cool camaro owner though

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
BDTuning in Austin is a good shop that does Unitronic. Brink Motorsports is a good shop that does APR.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I had mine done by dbc tuning and never had an issue. Berk is a good guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Eroc93

Ready to race!
I was thinking DBC tuning but I've seen as many negative feedbacks as I see positives just a bit skeptical. Spending 760+ For a tune then ecu frying out

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
DBC has the best vw techs in the state, i would only trust them or ELM tuning in houston to do my car.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Here, I took the time to research all the options when looking for my tune:

DBC Tuning____________APR
Black Jack Speed Shop___GIAC
SoulSpeed_____________Revo
BD Tuning_____________Unitronic

I have personally gotten work done at Black Jack Speed Shop on my GTO, full coilovers, swaybars, every single bushing in polyurethane, front and rear subframe alignments, and they did an incredible job. Even asked me to bring the car back a week later so they could double check everything is tight and aligned. The shop is owned by Tim Duncan, they do alot of R8 tunes, I can vouch for them.

SoulSpeed also has an amazing rep, they are known for work on high end racecars, Porches especially. They and Black Jack Speed Shop have the only 2 corner balancers I know of locally.

I had my VAGCOM done at DBC tuning, another of my friends had his K04 CC done there. A good shop from what I can tell. The downside is they are usually very busy, I waited 2 weeks and still couldn't get my tune done.

I can't comment on DB Tuning as I don't know much about them.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help guys!

Eroc93

Ready to race!
So torn apart :/
Really looking for the apr tune guess I might just settle with uni

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
So torn apart :/
Really looking for the apr tune guess I might just settle with uni

GIAC or Revo are options too :thumbsup:

I've talked with DBC about their process. They say they reseal the ECU and use brand new tamper proof bolts so that it is indistinguishable from when it comes from the factory. Honestly, those are the first negtive reviews I've ever seen. They have 1 yelp review (5 stars) and 60 reviews on Facebook (50 5 star ratings, four 1 star ratings). I've been to the shop and seen their work, meticulous is what I would use to describe them.

BDTuning

Ready to race!
We would be happy to assist you if you decided to go Unitronic.

We reseal the ECU and use new tamper screws. All tuners should be doing this. We have tuned a lot of local cars as well as ECU's from out of state in Louisiana.

One of the reviews of us below
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61568

There are a few more on the forums.

If you decide to go APR then contact mike @ Brink Motorsports.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
We would be happy to assist you if you decided to go Unitronic.

We reseal the ECU and use new tamper screws. All tuners should be doing this. We have tuned a lot of local cars as well as ECU's from out of state in Louisiana.

One of the reviews of us below
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61568

There are a few more on the forums.

If you decide to go APR then contact mike @ Brink Motorsports.

Welp we have a winner over here. I'll get in contact with you guys tomorrow about finding a time to get it tuned. since I work Monday-Friday,Saturday- Sunday I do school. I'm pumped lets get this going