GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I download Navigation Software anywhere?

Uberryan

Banned
You guys do this with the car off and just radio on right? No need to have the car running the whole time.

Any updates on improvements with this new version?

It's likely just a map update and nothing more. Functionality will still be the same. I assume it just adds new roads, takes away ones that no longer exist or have been renamed?

Car does not have to be on either.

My suggestion is for $200, set that aside, save up a bit more and just get a new headunit with an OEM feel or better and one that uses something you can update yourself like Google Maps, etc. Our OEM nav vs the aftermarket selection is mediocre at best, it's ridiculous.

Other headunits are getting progressively better, although still pricey, unless you cheap out for something chinese. Even going so far as to display gauges by tapping the OBDII port. Makes the RNS-315 seem worthless with its less than acceptable nav system, and poopie other features. I would like to sell it, personally and get something better.

JT641

Banned
You guys do this with the car off and just radio on right? No need to have the car running the whole time.

Any updates on improvements with this new version?

Yes the car on but the engine off

It's likely just a map update and nothing more. Functionality will still be the same. I assume it just adds new roads, takes away ones that no longer exist or have been renamed?

Car does not have to be on either.

My suggestion is for $200, set that aside, save up a bit more and just get a new headunit with an OEM feel or better and one that uses something you can update yourself like Google Maps, etc. Our OEM nav vs the aftermarket selection is mediocre at best, it's ridiculous.

Other headunits are getting progressively better, although still pricey, unless you cheap out for something chinese. Even going so far as to display gauges by tapping the OBDII port. Makes the RNS-315 seem worthless with its less than acceptable nav system, and poopie other features. I would like to sell it, personally and get something better.

Guess you didn't se my earlier post, It's On Sale Right Now For $99 till the End Of September!!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Normally I wouldnt care either, but my house is in new subdivision (2 years) and I'm not on the map so I cant set "Home" :(

You should never use your home address in any nav.. If it ever got stolen they'd know where you live.

I set my 'home' to a gas station a mile away from my house.

Just a little food for thought.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
You should never use your home address in any nav.. If it ever got stolen they'd know where you live.

I set my 'home' to a gas station a mile away from my house.

Just a little food for thought.

Most people have home info in their glove box (registration papers) anyways

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Most people have home info in their glove box (registration papers) anyways

Valid point, but but I'm talking about the majority of the time when it's a 'smash and grab'

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
So I got my update card and tried to install it. It's stuck about 80% after 2 hrs. Don't see why mine would take longer than others update would.

Is there some back out plan to start over? There's a cancel button but sure hope that doesn't ruin the card

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
So I got my update card and tried to install it. It's stuck about 80% after 2 hrs. Don't see why mine would take longer than others update would.

Is there some back out plan to start over? There's a cancel button but sure hope that doesn't ruin the card

Had to eventually try the cancel button but it doesn't do anything but sit there with no results on the same screen. Turned the car off for awhile and the install process restarted like it's supposed to except now it does some weird reboot loop 5 times. 5th time it will stop rebooting itself but the progress meter just sits there at 80% again. I've let it sit for 3 hours and still nothing.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Car is coded for LED tails/ROW settings. Wonder if that has to do with it since the card is specifically for North America?

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Factory reset option on the rns-315 and 30 seconds later ... The update decided to finish. Guess something was stuck and it just had to be flushed out. Good to go now with v6 maps