GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I download Navigation Software anywhere?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I got v2 what's the latest version v4? It says July 14 2014 on the we page but not the version number.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I believe you can get mexico too, it just costs extra $$. Personally I would leave it alone and use google maps for the hard to find places. Current maps don't stay current very long.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
FYI In case anyone is interested in updating there's It's on sale till the end of September
$99 http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuiWqQsDM58

BTW I got this info from the parts guy at VW said it would be cheaper for me to order

Let us know how it works after you install. Mine can always get me to where I want to go but takes some really odd routes sometimes. Like 10 turns through side roads versus driving maybe 1 mile further on a 3 lane boulevard to get to the same freeway entrance. I've tried all the various route preferences but they all give strange routes.

JT641

Banned
I believe you can get mexico too, it just costs extra $$. Personally I would leave it alone and use google maps for the hard to find places. Current maps don't stay current very long.

It's not just the maps it updates but your points of interest which I use when traveling to find restaurants & gas stations etc.. It's a lot easier to use something installed in your car that has an easily readable screen versus trying read the small screen of your phone while driving (which is illegal in CA)

Let us know how it works after you install. Mine can always get me to where I want to go but takes some really odd routes sometimes. Like 10 turns through side roads versus driving maybe 1 mile further on a 3 lane boulevard to get to the same freeway entrance. I've tried all the various route preferences but they all give strange routes.

what setting do you have your Nav on Fastest, Quickest, or ? Depending on what it's set on It will do what you describe above

Update is Version 6 & Just called & verified this http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...ES&CatalogCategoryID=ttsKCghBdD0AAAEyzBhwL9m6

Should have mine in a couple days

Last edited:

Daemon

I bought and installed it a couple weeks ago. Took about 2.5 - 3 hours to complete. I've not noticed any difference yet. I need to take a different route home sometime to see if it picks up some of the new streets in my area. My history and favorites were all still there, so if anyone was wondering about that, there you go.

The SD card was rendered absolutely useless after it was done. I threw it away.

JT641

Banned
Your Nav system will route you to your destinations based on what your base setting(s) are??. For more look at your RNS 310-315 User Manual & start on page 51.

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Received my update today, Started the update process about 25 minutes ago We'll see how it goes.

JT641

Banned
Actually downloaded in about an hour & a half, A lot quicker than I was expecting :thumbsup:

Uberryan

Banned
The SD card was rendered absolutely useless after it was done. I threw it away.

Should've kept it, or mailed it to me. I might've been able to access it with certain restoring software. Even when you delete something, you can likely still recover it. The only time you can't is if you destroy the card itself, or your magnetize it.

Wolf359

Passed Driver's Ed
Should've kept it, or mailed it to me. I might've been able to access it with certain restoring software. Even when you delete something, you can likely still recover it. The only time you can't is if you destroy the card itself, or your magnetize it.

dont think you can magnetize an SD card, since it's solid state.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
You guys do this with the car off and just radio on right? No need to have the car running the whole time.

Any updates on improvements with this new version?