GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 3 R/GTI Vs. 135i

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Well first you quoted me with wrong power figures for the R, when i corrected ur opinion with facts and documented data u shift to the "concept" of torque lol.
Do you understand the concept of traction? More importantly the correlation between both?
Torque is going to be your enemy until u get some good traction thats why i told u that u'll need a third gear roll and a long run to catch up
Besides if my friend's hybrid ko4 is making 413awtq then i'd expect a stage 3 to reasonably make at least 440awtq, u r claiming around 460 for ur car, if thats correct, it's still pretty close , there u have it: third gear run is what u need IMO ;)

You should drive a 135 sometime. They launch very very well. I beat a bunch of awd cars from a dig. On the other hand I remember when Lou didn't know the difference between an E90 and an E92 and now such BMW expertise :D

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Why, you're trapping around the same times as I have and you have DSG.

WAS trapping the same times. Slowly turning up the boost and currently running .25 quicker 4mph faster than my previous lower boost times with the VBox. Running around 500whp on the "friendly" Dynojet dyno, with more to tweak and race map and fuel not touched yet. I've seen a few FBO Beemers and they are quick.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
As for the heavy ass Viper, at 500bhp it wouldn't see which way I went from a dig or a roll and especially round any given track! Now tuned it would be much quicker, but they would still have the disability of being a Viper driver. LOL. ;)

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
I didn't quote you "wrong" power figures for the car. You have no dyno sheets to prove APR's website figures, which are pipe dream numbers. All of your numbers are conjecture, I have dyno runs and race runs to prove my quickness. And what do you mean torque is going to be my enemy? I'm in a RWD car with 255 rear sticky rubber.

APR claims 443 BHP and 422 TQ with stage III. That's around 380 whp and 350-360 wtq on an AWD platform.

You sound stupid talking about all of your friends cars, BTW. Vid of me spanking on a Stage III R next week. Tune in.

1- YES you did :laugh: , and you're still at it champ :D APR quotes 403whp on 93 RON, not gonna post that link again for you I figure you're old enough to find it by yourself (then again ..)
2- Buy some glasses man the dyno plot I posted is quite large, no its not an APR plot, but its a hybrid KO4 Golf R which made 378awhp, doesn't take rocket science to see that if u swap a BT you'll get at least 30whp, unless of course you don't "understand the concept" of tuning.
3- What a douche comment.. Well I have to make myself "sound stupid" so that you can understand, apparently it's not stupid enough though ...:laugh:

Last edited:

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
You should drive a 135 sometime. They launch very very well. I beat a bunch of awd cars from a dig. On the other hand I remember when Lou didn't know the difference between an E90 and an E92 and now such BMW expertise :D

Yes no doubt, I have actually driven my friend's...:yikes: ooops.. sorry can't talk about that, OP will start crying :bellyroll:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Should be considered bullshit? I seriously am not trying to sound "cocky" or anything, but I've probably done more street racing than anyone on this forum. I've raced so many differently setup n54's, and i have a friend with a stage 3 R. So I don't need a time slip. No one runs around with timeslips let's be real. But yeah... I'm just spewing bullshit. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, right. Street racing. That uber safe smart thing to do. :laugh:

Timeslips prove numbers that anyone anywhere can see how they stack up, not just running your mouth saying your car has 1500 hp and this and that. Obviously people on other sides of the country can then know who has a faster car. Otherwise this stupid arguing back and forth about who has ha faster car is not just stupid, its pointless.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
there are f23t making the same power as apr's old gt28 kit. the turbo doesn't mean everything mane. all stage 3 cars are not created equal.

and apr just recalculated a lot of their whp figures a few months ago right. something about they no longer believe the drivetrain loss calculation is linear. so they're showing 443hp/403whp, i.e. 40hp loss on an awd platform. which is less than they account for on the fwd gtx28 kits (423hp/376whp). but i digest.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it would be crazy if a company that makes millions of dollars in volkswagen aftermarket would actually put their engine on a engine dyno to measure the chp and put a whole car on some rollers to measure the whp, rather than trying to calculate it. but i digest again.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
The Golf R does not have the same drivetrain loss as conventional AWD, HALDEX is a "biased FWD", lots of info on that all over google
ALL R dyno plots I've seen so far (including mine lol) show that, APR's is only one of them

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Oh, right. Street racing. That uber safe smart thing to do. :laugh:

Timeslips prove numbers that anyone anywhere can see how they stack up, not just running your mouth saying your car has 1500 hp and this and that. Obviously people on other sides of the country can then know who has a faster car. Otherwise this stupid arguing back and forth about who has ha faster car is not just stupid, its pointless.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Street racing is cool
Not sure if serious...

The Golf R does not have the same drivetrain loss as conventional AWD, HALDEX is a "biased FWD", lots of info on that all over google
ALL R dyno plots I've seen so far (including mine lol) show that, APR's is only one of them
Stoppit, you are making too much sense in this thread:laugh:

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Street racing is cool

I realize you are likely trolling, but the problem with street racing is the "what ifs' the 20 something brain doesn't think about because you guys are still immortal.

You're married though, breh. Want to know what happens if someone besides you dies while you're driving at 150 mph on public roads? You go to prison and lose everything you've ever worked for a in wrongful death suit, that's what.

The likelihood of this happening on well selected "vacant" public roadways is minimal for an occasional run, but as the frequency of those runs increases, so does the frequency that you will lose everything. Good luck.