GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got new APR K04 V3.0 tune? Post reviews in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Feels smoother when rolling off an on ramp. The pull from about 3600-4000 Till the limiter feels stronger and smoother. I have not felt the need to turn off TC
Cold start still exists but my infrequent idle miss is gone
Rev hang fells lessened. My DV+ makes less noise. Gas mileage MAY be better looks like a 2 MPG improvement on a hilly stretch 45 miles at 70 MPH and 35 miles of hilly 60 MPH road that I have been traveling frequently using cruise control.

The wife noticed the change in the throttle and she is pretty auto ignorant. (She actually likes the pt cruiser)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Feels smoother when rolling off an on ramp. The pull from about 3600-4000 Till the limiter feels stronger and smoother. I have not felt the need to turn off TC
Cold start still exists but my infrequent idle miss is gone
Rev hang fells lessened. My DV+ makes less noise. Gas mileage MAY be better looks like a 2 MPG improvement on a hilly stretch 45 miles at 70 MPH and 35 miles of hilly 60 MPH road that I have been traveling frequently using cruise control.

The wife noticed the change in the throttle and she is pretty auto ignorant. (She actually likes the pt cruiser)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[All opinions invalidated]

butchered by autocorrecr

prospal

Ready to race!
Just as I was super excited after reading all of this to get my v3 on Friday, I find a puddle of coolant underneath the car this weekend. FML

prospal

Ready to race!
I'm at 60k, but I don't think the water pump is covered under power train unfortunately lol :(.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
I'm at 60k, but I don't think the water pump is covered under power train unfortunately lol :(.

it is!!!! i verified this with VWoA recently lol its covered as part if the powertrain warranty.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Can someone from APR confirm how the shop should be handling the updates, here?

flash back to stock first, then go to v3? please confirm. Sometimes tuners don't follow all the small details.

We do a full flash, so you should be able to flash right to the next program without issues.

If you have someone elses software that messes with stuff that shouldn't be touched, like the ECU box code and or revision indicators, you should ask they flash it back to stock first. I'm not aware of anyone doing this on the TSI though.

This! All us Uni guys are quietly waiting to see this before potentially jumping ship.

You are more than welcome to try our software for 30 days. Within that time period, if you like it, you keep it and do nothing. If not, you can head back to your APR dealer and get a refund.

Check with your previous software provider to see if they will allow you to come back to their software, free of charge. At APR, if a customer switches from our software to another tuners at some point in time, it doesn't matter to us. If you didn't return the software, you're still an APR customer. You may come back at any time, free of charge for the file.

My tuner had the same problem, froze at 85%
I believe the issue is that it needs to be flashed back to STOCK first. Sucks, cost me a few hours to get it corrected

A little Monday morning update. Were any / all flashing tech support issues communicated with our people here? I'm not in tech so I don't see all of it, but I want to make sure everyone is being taken care of.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Just as I was super excited after reading all of this to get my v3 on Friday, I find a puddle of coolant underneath the car this weekend. FML

Sounds like your car is more excited than you. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.