GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got new APR K04 V3.0 tune? Post reviews in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Wife likes PT Cruiser. Wife opinion disqualified regarding K04 impressions.

Actually I think in this case her opinion is better than ours. We as car enthusiasts tend to look past certain problems...because MOAR POWER. Your average person though will pickup on those problems and be dissatisfied with it. A tuners goal should be to make it smooth enough for anyone to drive it and not realize it is tuned, but powerful enough to appease the enthusiasts. APR did a hell of a job on this tune :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I assume most are doing the R MAP sensor in the parking lot of the tuner or? it's pretty easy to do, no? any DIY's / pics out there, etc? since my shop is already charging me $50 just to flash my car, I'd like to try and cut down any other additional labor.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I assume most are doing the R MAP sensor in the parking lot of the tuner or? it's pretty easy to do, no? any DIY's / pics out there, etc? since my shop is already charging me $50 just to flash my car, I'd like to try and cut down any other additional labor.

It's right under the throttle body in the throttle body pipe. Real easy to get to. 2 screws and a plug. You can do it in a minute

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It's right under the throttle body in the throttle body pipe. Real easy to get to. 2 screws and a plug. You can do it in a minute

thanks dude... but I.. I... am mechanically declined... pics of said area? ;)

Cliffs on v 3.0 patches and updates? Is the file free?

file itself is free. update /"labor" do it varies by tuner.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion

How are you guys getting the car into the shop after you replace the MAP sensor? Will the car even start or run properly from the parking lot to the shop floor? The reason I ask is I was quoted an hour labor to replace the MAP sensor. So while the update is free, I was going to have to pay an hour for the MAP sensor and an additional half hour labor for the flash.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
It will start and drive. Go outside and unplug your map sensor....it just put's the car in limp mode and it won't make any boost. I changed my TB pipe and forgot to plug the MAP in and drove for a few miles before I realized something was wrong when I went to lay into the throttle. I would suspect you could easily drive from your home to your tuner with no issue besides no boost. It's really not that complicated people...

Brendon

Ready to race!
we want pics :lol:

Then pics you shall have lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
It will start and drive. Go outside and unplug your map sensor....it just put's the car in limp mode and it won't make any boost. I changed my TB pipe and forgot to plug the MAP in and drove for a few miles before I realized something was wrong when I went to lay into the throttle. I would suspect you could easily drive from your home to your tuner with no issue besides no boost. It's really not that complicated people...

Thanks! I'm not saying its complicated, just wasn't sure if I would have any problems or if the car would even start.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
just bring a ratchet and torx socket that fits the two bolts (t10?), and a small flat tip to pop the connector off. It should be right in the middle of the tb pipe, or at least thats where it is on my mkv tsi

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
thanks dude... but I.. I... am mechanically declined... pics of said area? ;)
file itself is free. update /"labor" do it varies by tuner.
Open hood, look down, you'll see this,

See that silicone hose middle left and the pipe attached to it going down?

This is that pipe off the car and the sensor location,

You can see the sensor in the first photo if you draw a line straight down from that green connector. VERY easy to do. It's two torx screws. Pulls right out and new one goes right back in. Wham, bam, one and done.

How are you guys getting the car into the shop after you replace the MAP sensor? Will the car even start or run properly from the parking lot to the shop floor? The reason I ask is I was quoted an hour labor to replace the MAP sensor. So while the update is free, I was going to have to pay an hour for the MAP sensor and an additional half hour labor for the flash.
Car will run. You just shouldn't romp on it because it will be getting bad values. An hour to install the sensor? That's hilarious. It will take them honestly 10 minutes to replace.

I mean... given the photo above, how long would it take you to unscrew those two torx, disconnect the old sensor, reconnect new sensor, and tighten the two torx back? They just want to make monies.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Sitting in the shop right now getting the new file! $160 for an extra 30 whp is a pretty sweet deal.

EDIT: Box code isn't ready. No biggie, however may do beta testing for DSG file :D

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
thanks, brosepheous. So, I would need to jack up the car and get under it to access that or can you reach down? not sure exactly on where that is in relation to the first pic, but I will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.