GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ah the smell of a fresh windshield

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Well not the smell obviously, but similarly intoxicating. Am I the only one who craves a perfectly fresh, un rock-chipped, clean windshield? Glass guy just finished up while I hung around and learned how to install glass and I can't wait to go break it in (no pun intended).

Flying rock on highway = fresh windshield for me courtesy of MA car insurance glass coverage.

End cool story. :thumbsup:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i can never understand how the glass installer shop can use a rag and spray and get the window spotless. yet whenever i do it at home i never get even close to streak free. it must be their secret magic spray.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
i can never understand how the glass installer shop can use a rag and spray and get the window spotless. yet whenever i do it at home i never get even close to streak free. it must be their secret magic spray.

Special micro fiber cloth

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i dunno man.. i have some pretty nice window cloths myself..

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Well they are working with a piece of glass that has never seen the world. No dirt/grime/dust/road debris/sap/leaf wax/etc.. I'm not surprised

I use stoners invisible glass spray with a fresh microfiber and when I'm done it looks like there isn't even glass there.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i have the stoners too. i have the plastic spray bottle now, which isnt as good as the foam can i used to have. ill stick with the foam after this.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Yeah the aerosol is best - but I don't mind the spray bottle.. just make sure to use it in the shade. Sun makes streaks impossible to get rid of as it just dries too fast

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Foam cans in 4 pack for like 14$ Canadian at Costco...

iPhone Tapatalk

emk6

Ready to race!
I use stoners invisible glass spray with a fresh microfiber and when I'm done it looks like there isn't even glass there.

are you spraying onto the MF glass towel or direct at windshield?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Nope, spray on windshield - wipe with one side of microfiber, then flip to dry side and dry glass before it does on its own. Go to other side of car and repeat for other half of glass. Stand back and revel at your accomplishment. It's all about speed.. don't let it dry up on its own - that's what the dry side of the microfiber is for.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Best glass cleaner I've ever used:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion

The trick is to use two towels... one towel to wipe/remove stain. The second towel to dry. Works every time!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I love how this turned into a windshield cleaning thread.

You all have no idea how pumped I am about a lack of rock chips and pitting to my new windshield! We use an amazing amount of shrapnel on the roads in New England during the winter months and then with summer construction and road rebuilding you get hit with so much garbage!

Funny thing is I will avoid the highway altogether for at least a few weeks to maintain the rock chip free windshield. Then I'll remember I can get to work in half the time on the highways, lol . .