GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts? To rear headrest or not to read headrest?

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I actually got 2010 rear headrests from VW parts. Was expensive, but they are like the MKV ones and allow for good visibility when retracted.
Also allows for the rear seats to go down with them retracted. I don't know what they were thinking for 2011+ with those huge rear headrests.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
I don't know what they were thinking for 2011+ with those huge rear headrests.

Whiplash protection for rear passengers. Most passengers don't exactly go out of their way to adjust the headrests anytime they get into a car. So while it might be a pain to you, it's added safety and convenience for your passengers.

Personally I like it. It matches the look of the front seats. So in a way it feels like the car has 4 "sport" seats. Admittedly it does make folding the seats down flat a pain, but it's no different than being bothered to remove the cargo tray also.

Alright guys, this is what I was talking about. Watch this video at the provided time stamp.

http://youtu.be/j0CCIL4oFho?t=10m25s

The resulting view peaked my curiosity. I don't put people in my rear seats so I am not too worried about passenger comfort.

I was more interested in people that have done it and what their thoughts were. To be clear I am used to the view and have no real issues w/ the visibility at the moment.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Doesn't look right without them.:thumbdown:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

sparky123

Removed all 3 headrests just a wk. ago and the visability is greatly improved. Rarely have back seat passengers but, naturally for safety, will re-install when needed. I think the look of the car from the rear looks better. Easy to remove. Just throw a black towel/throw on the seat and you won't see the holes. (I have a blk. interior.)

Removed all 3 headrests just a wk. ago and the visability is greatly improved. Rarely have back seat passengers but, naturally for safety, will re-install when needed. I think the look of the car from the rear looks better. Easy to remove. Just throw a black towel/throw on the seat and you won't see the holes. (I have a blk. interior.)

If you don't mind, can you snap a pic for us? From inside out back and standing from the back looking forward.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
I removed mine the first week I had the car 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Actually when I do look back visibility is much better. Lol

MikeyMike

Passed Driver's Ed
Pulled all 3 before I got home from the dealership day 1.
Love the rear visibility, love the functionality of rear seats up/down with the fronts slid far back.
Nobody sits back there; no worries about peoples necks.
Comment Jim Rome style.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
i leave them because superior interior

God I love your seats.

I actually got 2010 rear headrests from VW parts. Was expensive, but they are like the MKV ones and allow for good visibility when retracted.
Also allows for the rear seats to go down with them retracted. I don't know what they were thinking for 2011+ with those huge rear headrests.

I don't get this. My rear seatbacks fold down fine with the headrests in.

You should see the ass he puts in them :wub:

InforsnapofGTIlikeurmomass.