GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

NecioVato

Ready to race!
Damn, that looks like a really nice ride, Subies have really changed for the better as far as the interior is concerned. So questions for you:
1. How (and granted it's new so you'll probably be biased) but how does the power compare to your modded GTI?

2. How were you able to come to the decision to buy this car without being able to test drive it? I mean, that is a lot of money to spend on a car without being able to test drive (just my op though)

3. You wouldn't consider the WRX STi and do you feel this has enough power etc for the long haul (in your case, 3 years).

Again, nice ride and good luck.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Damn, that looks like a really nice ride, Subies have really changed for the better as far as the interior is concerned. So questions for you:
1. How (and granted it's new so you'll probably be biased) but how does the power compare to your modded GTI?

2. How were you able to come to the decision to buy this car without being able to test drive it? I mean, that is a lot of money to spend on a car without being able to test drive (just my op though)

3. You wouldn't consider the WRX STi and do you feel this has enough power etc for the long haul (in your case, 3 years).

Again, nice ride and good luck.

#1 - i cant even begin to talk about that until i have 1000 miles and use full throttle. but in a nutshell, it already feels as fast as my stage 2 GTI easily.

#2 - personal choice. I knew what i wanted. I had watched 50 videos and reviews also.

#3 - no interest in the STI at all. this one is stiff enough, the STI would be way too stiff for a daily driver.

NecioVato

Ready to race!
I look forward to hearing what you think of the car once you are able to 'get on it' but for you to already say it feels like your stage 2 GTI....impressive.

I know my plan is to try to pay off the GTI and keep it running for as long as possible and save some money for the next adventure. But all my friends know that as much as I say 'I'll keep this car till the wheels fall off'; it seems like I wind up getting a new ride sooner than later.

The 3 vehicles that seem to be coming to mind as the next adventure is the Focus RS, the R or the WRX STI but I'm not really sure which route I'll go. I think the Subie will have the best resale value out of all of them but I really do dig the interior of the VW. Do you feel the WRX's interior is comparable to the MK6 interior?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I look forward to hearing what you think of the car once you are able to 'get on it' but for you to already say it feels like your stage 2 GTI....impressive.

I know my plan is to try to pay off the GTI and keep it running for as long as possible and save some money for the next adventure. But all my friends know that as much as I say 'I'll keep this car till the wheels fall off'; it seems like I wind up getting a new ride sooner than later.

The 3 vehicles that seem to be coming to mind as the next adventure is the Focus RS, the R or the WRX STI but I'm not really sure which route I'll go. I think the Subie will have the best resale value out of all of them but I really do dig the interior of the VW. Do you feel the WRX's interior is comparable to the MK6 interior?

its close, but naw, no one could honestly say that. The GTI interior is still nicer.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Awesome video man... definitely can tell Subaru has done a much better job on the interior this time around. I'm sure you're going to love it... oh and I know the guy you shipped that Vagcom too.. I live up the street from him lol.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
So when are you trading it in :D

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Awesome video man... definitely can tell Subaru has done a much better job on the interior this time around. I'm sure you're going to love it... oh and I know the guy you shipped that Vagcom too.. I live up the street from him lol.

The handling is much improved on this latest gen too. It's kind of sad that they waited until the EVO was going out of production to finally build a car that handles just as well off the showroom floor.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
sold my:

tails - 500
vagcom - 205
downpipe - 520
intake kit - 200
GFB DV+ w stock actuated included - 110
Cargo net - 10
rear vw badge - 15

so far $1560 towards my down payment reimbursement.

still have a grill to sell - 100

so overall ill get about $1660 to pay towards the $2000 down i paid.

Last edited:

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Wish I knew about your vagcom cable or I would have gotten it from ya. :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The long 2-3 part intro video is coming today, its done filming. My usual sub rate has tripled overnight just from the first video. This next one will really be the key.