GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DD brake pad suggestions

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Ferodo DS2500 is also a good street/autox pad but I'm cheap so I use stoptech street performance, super cheap from rockauto. Neither will last on a track but the ferodo's would probably be fine for a beginner track day or shorter sessions.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if the Endless MX72 or SS-Y fit the Stoptech ST40 caliper? If so I think I found my next set of brake pads.

Stoptech dust way too much, improvements are very minimal compare to stock. I am about to put the stock ones back on because the dusting is just not worth it.

Sigh.... I want to get the endless too, but they are just too expensive for brake pads. Now if these pads last forever....

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Agree. Very most manufacturers of fixed calipers use to design
them for standardized pad shapes. You should find a technical
drawing at Stoptech's website. And all those pad manufacturers
who are popular in racing use to offer their pads is the mentioned
pad shapes.

http://www.stoptech.com/products/brake-pads/brake-pad-d609

What about akenboro pads? Otherwise EBC Red stuff ;)

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Stoptech dust way too much, improvements are very minimal compare to stock. I am about to put the stock ones back on because the dusting is just not worth it.

Sigh.... I want to get the endless too, but they are just too expensive for brake pads. Now if these pads last forever....
I agree! My wheels are gunmetal so it doesn't bother me much. Performance on the street is a little better, however, performance on the track is a huge improvement over OEM. Maybe they work best heated up :iono:

Yeah, I wanted Endless as well but my funding is not...endless :p

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Getting ready to pull the trigger for my rear pads. I think I'm going with EBC red stuff. Based on what I've read on other threads that the EBC red stuff does not dust much compared to the Stoptech.

Can anyone confirm that for the 2012's, the rear rotor are 272x10 in size?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone confirm that for the 2012's, the rear rotor are 272x10 in size?
correct

+ Bosch caliper. ;)

I wouldn't fit EBC :yikes: though. On the rears you're fine with
common OE quality Ate, Ferodo Premier or PFC Z rated. :thumbsup:

ken518

Passed Driver's Ed

Just taking a gander here, but I don't think the rears contribute much to braking on our small cars. The stock rear rotors aren't even vented, just solid rotors. VW also decided to decrease the size of the rear rotors on the 2011's and up.

Sounds like it's a bigger bang for your buck to put more money into better pads for the fronts.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Just taking a gander here, but I don't think the rears contribute much to braking on our small cars. The stock rear rotors aren't even vented, just solid rotors. VW also decided to decrease the size of the rear rotors on the 2011's and up.

Sounds like it's a bigger bang for your buck to put more money into better pads for the fronts.

Really? So why would the rears need replacing before the fronts? When I use the brakes, it starts to make a grinding noise at slow speeds. More like a dust build up noise. My fronts are thick as hell. Should I replace front and back at the same time?