GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DD brake pad suggestions

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
This thread is about daily driving. So with that said which pads are good for occasional spirited driving, good performance without dusting?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
I agree. Track related questions should discussed here:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Lots of brake topics there. Another good one about street and track
capable pads:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190668

Remember Mk.V GTI fronts brakes are Mk.VI front brakes (312x25 mm).
Early Mk.VI even come with the same rears as Mk.V (286x12 mm).

Pops, if you're willing to spend some money try SS-Y, but bear in mind
there's a relation between performance vs. dust. You can't eat the cake
- and have it.

:D

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
This thread is about daily driving. So with that said which pads are good for occasional spirited driving, good performance without dusting?

My best ever pads for street/canyon runs etc. without turning your rims black everytime you go for a drive...

Endless MX-72, ran them for a while on stock calipers, they were wonderful and provided stock level dusting. They are however quite expensive. They were 350.00 + tax for a set of fronts. Just ran fronts. Ran HPS on rear.

This combo provide very powerful braking with lots of control. Hard to believe what stock calipers can do with these pads.

My best ever pads for street/canyon runs etc. without turning your rims black everytime you go for a drive...

Endless MX-72, ran them for a while on stock calipers, they were wonderful and provided stock level dusting. They are however quite expensive. They were 350.00 + tax for a set of fronts. Just ran fronts. Ran HPS on rear.

This combo provide very powerful braking with lots of control. Hard to believe what stock calipers can do with these pads.

do you have the tyrol stiffening kit as well?
how long do you expect them to last?
Its really hard to fork out 400 bucks for brake pads..

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
what vendor did you buy the mx-72 pads?

I ordered a set of winmax w3 pads to try out, but they've been on backorder forever...

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
400 for brake pads... I should just save up a bit more for BBK... lol
Still the same question remains what pads to fit.

And let's stay real, a serious BBK is 2 to 4k. ;)

Btw, Endless pro stuff is much more expensive. The MA45Bs are about 1k. :yikes:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Still the same question remains what pads to fit.

And let's stay real, a serious BBK is 2 to 4k. ;)

Btw, Endless pro stuff is much more expensive. The MA45Bs are about 1k. :yikes:

i know right.... I mean boxster BBK haha... but even that will be around 1k...

My EBC should be here tmr or tuesday. Let me report back once I swap them on Saturday.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
do you have the tyrol stiffening kit as well?
how long do you expect them to last?
Its really hard to fork out 400 bucks for brake pads..

Yes on Tyrol kit. These are classfied Semi-Metallic (Ceramic Carbon Mettalic)

They wear very well.

I ordered from vividracing - I had to wait a few weeks for them - came from Japan. You can also order from Endless direct. The U.S. branch is here on the West Coast. http://www.endlessusa.com/#!contact-us

Great street pad.

I went with Golf R calipers and started going to track days. So now I use HPS 5.0 on the street which are great for street and HP+ for track which I REALLY favor. Even though the HP+ pads can squeal when driven at regular daily driving and even though they are dusty I "almost" like them so much that I am tempted to run them all the time.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!

That's a bit too much for brake pads. So out these selections, which ones are good overall with performance, feel, quietness, dusting for DD. Hawks, Stoptech, EBC reds, Akebono.. I just need to replace the OEM's.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
I just need to replace the OEM's.
Just keep OEM or go with OE replacements like Ate and Ferodo Premier.
You don't need any overpriced "tuning" stuff. ;)