GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Clamping Force

a3scott20

Ready to race!
So you are getting TVS remap, let us know how it goes.

Just received TVS their DSG tool :w00t:
tool.jpg

and their race clutch kit come with the DSG tool
clutch.jpg
It is pre-installed :thumbup:
clutch kit.jpg

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Wow.
Congratulations. Do tell about you results

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
@A3Scott.
How did you get on with the TVS sw and clutch?

a3scott20

Ready to race!
@A3Scott.
How did you get on with the TVS sw and clutch?

I would say this is the most smart DSG software I have ran so far, clamping pressure will increase alone with engine torque, like 2/3 throttle and high load (6th gear) and I saw 15bar clamping pressure at that point. That is where some people got clutch disc burnt when half throttle and torque is already high but DSG mech does not give more clamping pressure.

I am still working on my Greddy EBC to get boost higher about 2.3bar / 33-34PSI (now is about 1.8bar / 26PSI) and I will check if clamping pressure increase or not, but from my experience of logging DSG on friend’s car, the clamping pressure will rise when engine torque is raised accordingly.

The amazing thing, a friend of mine was running a bad clutch disc and got clutch slippage sometimes when doing 4th WOT from 2000RPM, after using TVS Stage3 that issue went away no matter how he test, the slippage is gone and the feeling of acceleration is totally changed. BTW, he is KO4 and still running that bad clutch disc.

this thread is live again??
I just find out there is TVS dealer near my place.
So does it shine out among the others, or shall I stick with APR which I am using their ECU tune.

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll bump it up as I am stuck in Thailand with DSG tuning options that are overpriced and/or underdeliver. TVS wanted about $2000!!

Found these guys who have loads of experience: http://www.dsgfiles.com/index.php/about-magento-demo-store

Stage 3 is $500 and they email the file to you. From there you load it with VAS or Vag Can Pro or anything that can flash SGO files.

Quick Overview
- LC 4000rpm
- Torque limiters removed
- Gear shift faster
- Gear shifting in D mode optimized (shift rpm slightly raised)
- Kickdown in M removed
- Automatic shift in M removed (if the rpm limit in engine ECU is less than 7300rpm)
- Clutch pressure raised up to 17-18 bar according to the torque Output

My question is what would people recommend to be able to connect to the OBD2 port and flash the SGO files? Would the OBDeleven work ok? Or would people recommend something like this: LINK

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
I'll bump it up as I am stuck in Thailand with DSG tuning options that are overpriced and/or underdeliver. TVS wanted about $2000!!

Found these guys who have loads of experience: http://www.dsgfiles.com/index.php/about-magento-demo-store

Stage 3 is $500 and they email the file to you. From there you load it with VAS or Vag Can Pro or anything that can flash SGO files.

Quick Overview
- LC 4000rpm
- Gear shift faster
- Kickdown in M removed
- Automatic shift in M removed (if the rpm limit in engine ECU is less than 7300rpm)

My question is what would people recommend to be able to connect to the OBD2 port and flash the SGO files? Would the OBDeleven work ok? Or would people recommend something like this: LINK

Call HPA

gustkiller

Ready to race!
Before TVS engineering I tried a lot of DSG tuning companies. I was about to gave up on my car, because here in Brazil the Jetta GLI TCU have an unique box code that no other company managed to get over 12 bar clutch pressure..

And the excuse was the ECU software have problems.. We managed to have a friend here to become a TVS engineering dealer and I didn't belivied when I saw over 14.5 bar clutch, the driveability , how fast the DSG change gears with his software.

It's a whole new level of DSG tune. and instantly fixed my clutch slippage..

And about dsgfiles.com , I contacted "George" and he told that some DSG boxcodes like mine was impossible to incrise clutch pressure and stop reply my emails..

Quick Overview
- LC 4000rpm
- Gear shift faster
- Kickdown in M removed

a3scott20

Ready to race!

TVS DSG software is not that much, at least here my country. But to be honest, TVS is the only one who solved my DSG slippage issue. Before TVS, I have tried many different DSG files from those big name companies with no success. I think theirs (those big name companies) may work great in NA cars DSG but not ROW cars DSG.

After TVS came in to our market in our country, those big turbo guys, who suffered with clutch slippage problem, went with TVS DSG software and now they are ALL running much FASTER 100-200km/h since their clutch is stable and gripping the clutch very well. Not to mention they were running big name DSG software with terrible slippage issue.:yikes:

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
TVS sound like great guys and their customer service is fantastic, it's just that nobody is available to do the service locally so I would have to fly someone in and pay for their hotel etc so the cost becomes totally unreasonable.

Etuners is a company from Greece that also has franchises around the world and are doing good stuff with the VAG platform, but yeah not in Thailand yet, only in Malaysia. However they offered a full custom ECU and DSG tune to suit a big turbo application for $1500. Flight from Malaysia to Thailand are less than $100 return but I'm having a hard time trying to convince them to send someone.

So my only option so far is the DSG files dude (George). I did some research and found out it is definitely possible to use the VAS 5054a (less than $70 delivered) along with the ODIS software (free) to flash the SGO files and make the changes to the DSG. All up the total cost should be less than $600, it will increase the clutch pressure and I could do it all from home. Just a bit of a jump into the unknown. However there are a few YouTube tutorials out there. Was just hoping that someone here had already done it and I didn't have to be the first.

Anyhow You can understand why I would go for this option instead of spending $2000. Seems like throwing money down the drain (which I don't have). I was hoping to find a simpler option but so far nothing out there.