GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Clamping Force

gustkiller

Ready to race!
TVS sound like great guys and their customer service is fantastic, it's just that nobody is available to do the service locally so I would have to fly someone in and pay for their hotel etc so the cost becomes totally unreasonable.

Etuners is a company from Greece that also has franchises around the world and are doing good stuff with the VAG platform, but yeah not in Thailand yet, only in Malaysia. However they offered a full custom ECU and DSG tune to suit a big turbo application for $1500. Flight from Malaysia to Thailand are less than $100 return but I'm having a hard time trying to convince them to send someone.

So my only option so far is the DSG files dude (George). I did some research and found out it is definitely possible to use the VAS 5054a (less than $70 delivered) along with the ODIS software (free) to flash the SGO files and make the changes to the DSG. All up the total cost should be less than $600, it will increase the clutch pressure and I could do it all from home. Just a bit of a jump into the unknown. However there are a few YouTube tutorials out there. Was just hoping that someone here had already done it and I didn't have to be the first.

Anyhow You can understand why I would go for this option instead of spending $2000. Seems like throwing money down the drain (which I don't have). I was hoping to find a simpler option but so far nothing out there.

I was about to give up on my car, because of DSG slippage, I have other friend that even with stage 2 clutch , it slipped..
That friend of mine tested a lot of tuners including etuners and in his case didn´t worked. Only TVS worked.

What you can do is try to find a tuner in you country and ask him to become TVS dealer.. Or share with him the Dealer kit cost.. That was what we did here in my country.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
Prices for TVS dsg remaps are about 6-700€ vat included, the problem is the tool to write it, you have to be dealer and cost of the tool is about 2-2.5k iirc.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
They won't do it that way as they have to protect their file / tuning skill so it is a MUST to flash their file via their TVS flashtool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say if this is the only reason then no point, because you can read the DSG tuned file by the mini DSG reader and you will have it in bin file then it will be easy to flash!

And maybe there is another reason.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
TVS software cant be read afterwards :) They are not stupid
I will try my tuners software first to see if it holds well as we're gonna have massive torque , if not gonna find a solution and get TVS.

Some other tuners know to increase clamping pressure, for example in Italy they use 16 bar to hold 625Nm on 2.0 tdi.
I should be close to 640-650Nm but DQ500 gearbox retrofit

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I initially contacted the TVS head office in the Europe however I was passed on to a sales rep in Asia. Price I was initially quoted for a stage 3 580nm by TVS was 1599 euros. I would also need to cover the tuners hotel for a few nights. So in the end all up the price would go up closer to US$2k

I just received another quote from a TVS dealer in my capital city (Didn't know he existed till now). Custom DSG tune to my required specs (big turbo) for 900 Euros (About $1k).

The company I linked before (DSG files) still ticks all the right boxes in terms of price and features, like I said I would prefer not to have to flash it myself though.

Got a bit of time till the new turbo goes in, so will wait and see.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I initially contacted the TVS head office in the Europe however I was passed on to a sales rep in Asia. Price I was initially quoted for a stage 3 580nm by TVS was 1599 euros. I would also need to cover the tuners hotel for a few nights. So in the end all up the price would go up closer to US$2k

I just received another quote from a TVS dealer in my capital city (Didn't know he existed till now). Custom DSG tune to my required specs (big turbo) for 900 Euros (About $1k).

The company I linked before (DSG files) still ticks all the right boxes in terms of price and features, like I said I would prefer not to have to flash it myself though.

Got a bit of time till the new turbo goes in, so will wait and see.

I actually had the same issue as you that no TVS dealer was here in my country last year, and they also passed my email to their main Asian dealer called RTE who required same things from you for hotel fee, flight ticket etc., it will cost too much if do it that way so I gave up.
After a few months, I asked a good reputation tuning shop (where i go most of time) to become their TVS dealer in my country. It was tough at the beginning but you will find it is worth as TVS is REALLY a salvation of DSG cars here in my country. Now TVS is the best DSG software in the market (my country) as it has been proved by using their custom DSG software on many big turbo cars (400-700HP) with NO any slippage, when I say custom software they can do aftermarket clutch kit like SSP, Dodson and APR.

Please also note that those big turbo cars included mine were having terrible slippage which made clutch burnt after a few full throttle runs, this made car limited from big power. For example, I had slippage on my own car with 1.7-1.8bar boost and 20deg timing, and now running TVS software I can have 2.3-2.4bar boost and 22-23deg timing with NO slippage.:thumbup:

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually had the same issue as you that no TVS dealer was here in my country last year, and they also passed my email to their main Asian dealer called RTE who required same things from you for hotel fee, flight ticket etc., it will cost too much if do it that way so I gave up.
After a few months, I asked a good reputation tuning shop (where i go most of time) to become their TVS dealer in my country. It was tough at the beginning but you will find it is worth as TVS is REALLY a salvation of DSG cars here in my country. Now TVS is the best DSG software in the market (my country) as it has been proved by using their custom DSG software on many big turbo cars (400-700HP) with NO any slippage, when I say custom software they can do aftermarket clutch kit like SSP, Dodson and APR.

Please also note that those big turbo cars included mine were having terrible slippage which made clutch burnt after a few full throttle runs, this made car limited from big power. For example, I had slippage on my own car with 1.7-1.8bar boost and 20deg timing, and now running TVS software I can have 2.3-2.4bar boost and 22-23deg timing with NO slippage.:thumbup:

What is the cost in your country for the stage 3 DSG flash?

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
Update for those in a similar position:

The DSG file dude George was not able to provide any support with the loading of the SGO files to my TCU. I spent many hours trying to figure it out with the VAS5054a and the Odis software. I watched the tutorials on YouTube and learnt a lot, but in the end couldn’t figure it out and it became an excessive use of my time. I would pay someone to do it but then I am back where I started price wise.

There are no local dealers for the TVS so the price to get someone in is stupid.

After all this I ended up ordering the stage 2 TCU with unitronic off modded euros website for $600 plus the uniconnect cable for $150.

I hope it holds the torque ok. I did read of some people having issues with slipping, others were ok. I don’t know what causes it.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Guys. I can really woche for the TVS tune.
Ask if they will send a loaner tool...

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Update for those in a similar position:

The DSG file dude George was not able to provide any support with the loading of the SGO files to my TCU. I spent many hours trying to figure it out with the VAS5054a and the Odis software. I watched the tutorials on YouTube and learnt a lot, but in the end couldn’t figure it out and it became an excessive use of my time. I would pay someone to do it but then I am back where I started price wise.

There are no local dealers for the TVS so the price to get someone in is stupid.

After all this I ended up ordering the stage 2 TCU with unitronic off modded euros website for $600 plus the uniconnect cable for $150.

I hope it holds the torque ok. I did read of some people having issues with slipping, others were ok. I don’t know what causes it.

What DSG issue you are facing? Clutch Slippage during WOT? Have you tried changing DSG oil and do DSG reset to see any improvement? How much power you are making if you know (what turbo)? Also, I would go UNI local dealer instead of ordering DSG software directly from USA since your car is ROW and theirs is for NA car where I believe there is a difference.

So far I am happy with TVS DSG software, made 530WHP and 660NM without slipping on my big turbo FWD A3.

Last edited:

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
What DSG issue you are facing? Clutch Slippage during WOT? Have you tried changing DSG oil and do DSG reset to see any improvement? How much power you are making if you know (what turbo)? Also, I would go UNI local dealer instead of ordering DSG software directly from USA since your car is ROW and theirs is for NA car where I believe there is a difference.

So far I am happy with TVS DSG software, made 530WHP and 660NM without slipping on my big turbo FWD A3.

Is it smooth as butter?
I am trying to find a perfect/ near perfect DSG tune.