GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Lucky you. It's my understanding that it's a must here in California otherwise it can't be registered or smogged. Don't know if that's true.
I sure don't miss living there lol.

datdudeukno

Passed Driver's Ed
I checked my VIN online and nothing came up, so while I was at the dealer the other day getting a headlight replaced I asked them about it. They said my car didn't need the update.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Lucky you. It's my understanding that it's a must here in California otherwise it can't be registered or smogged. Don't know if that's true.

I live in California, checked my VIN # and nothing came out. I have a 2013 GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes, the Service Action documentation from the OEM indicates that it's mandatory for California residents. Refer to the Service Action for more information.

I dont have a recall and I'm a California resident. Guess it's not for every resident

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
I dont have a recall and I'm a California resident. Guess it's not for every resident

The comment was directed towards California residents that DO need the recall. If you're not affected by the recall, then this doesn't apply to you. It's not a California recall.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!

If your VIN# does not require the update and live in California then you are fine. It's only for the affected VIN#'s who lives in California that are required. I just had my 2013 CC updated and the dealer gave me a pink form. Dealer informed me that this form will be required to turn in to DMV when getting registered.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
If your VIN# does not require the update and live in California then you are fine. It's only for the affected VIN#'s who lives in California that are required. I just had my 2013 CC updated and the dealer gave me a pink form. Dealer informed me that this form will be required to turn in to DMV when getting registered.

thanks for sharing that. that was really clear to me and I will have to smog this year.

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in California and my wife's 2012 GTI has the APR stage 1 installed. The GTI had the ECU software updated back in November of 2015 and the APR stage 1 was overwritten. Back to the tuner and reinstalled. Now the GTI has regained its pep in its step.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I live in California and my wife's 2012 GTI has the APR stage 1 installed. The GTI had the ECU software updated back in November of 2015 and the APR stage 1 was overwritten. Back to the tuner and reinstalled. Now the GTI has regained its pep in its step.

Glad to hear :)

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Update done. Drove it stock mode on my Uni tune for week and put 100 miles before getting the update then went straight to the tuner to get my reflash done. To my surprise, I did not get flagged. Dealer confirmed.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 586

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to sound picky on this, but I'd like to try to avoid any potential confusion from others reading your post. There is no "stock mode" with our Performance Software. When reverting to stock, it's an actual reflash of the actual stock original file being flashed onto the ECU memory.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to sound picky on this, but I'd like to try to avoid any potential confusion from others reading your post. There is no "stock mode" with our Performance Software. When reverting to stock, it's an actual reflash of the actual stock original file being flashed onto the ECU memory.

Thanks for the correction John, Just didn't know how to word it. But I did follow your advice to reflash to stock file before getting the update. Sure enough I did not get flagged.

Also, Garnett at Uberwurx hooked me up with the Uniconnect+ and glad he's now Uni dealer!!!

Question: Did this ECU update affect the tune? If I recall, I use to boost around 16psi on my Stage 1, now I think I'm only boosting around 13psi. Maybe the ECU needs more time to adapt?

Last edited:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the correction John, Just didn't how to word it. But I did follow your advice to reflash to stock file before getting the update. Sure enough I did not get flagged.

Also, Garnett at Uberwurx hooked me up with the Uniconnect+ and glad he's now Uni dealer!!!

Question: Did this ECU update affect the tune? If I recall, I use to boost around 16psi on my Stage 1, now I think I'm only boosting around 13psi. Maybe the ECU needs more time to adapt?

Colder weather = less boost [emoji108]?

Baetis

So my concern is a little different. I'm very competitive in Street class Autocross and don't have a tune. I'm very happy with the way the car is currently running.
Is this update going to slow my car down???