GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
So my concern is a little different. I'm very competitive in Street class Autocross and don't have a tune. I'm very happy with the way the car is currently running.
Is this update going to slow my car down???

I don't think so, the car felt smoother after the update and a bit punchier in the midrange (for stock tune)

Tayrob

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to post and see if anyone has had a similar issue as mine during this reflash process.
First the car is a '12 GTI 4dr DSG , APR stg 1 since 7k and I'm at 80k now , only other mods are a BSH intake and magnaflow exhaust:

took the car in expecting to get my tune wiped ( which it did, no big deal ) however I was hoping this would fix my intermittent long cranking/no start issue. I say intermittent because in the 80k I've owned this car its happened maybe a total of 7 times.

ever since I had this reflash done its been having a long crank consistently and when it does start, it misfires until it warms up now I'm getting a code for misfire in the number 2/3 cylinder

plugs , coils are all new (R8 coils) , OEM LPFP/HPFP and injectors.

anyone else had issues similar since this reflash?

I figured if I had them reflash my APR tune it may cover the gaps that the patch may have left but I'm not sure.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I didn't have the reflash but I did have a long crank issue and it was to do my lpfp and ever since that's it's been cranking right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the correction John, Just didn't know how to word it. But I did follow your advice to reflash to stock file before getting the update. Sure enough I did not get flagged.

Also, Garnett at Uberwurx hooked me up with the Uniconnect+ and glad he's now Uni dealer!!!

Question: Did this ECU update affect the tune? If I recall, I use to boost around 16psi on my Stage 1, now I think I'm only boosting around 13psi. Maybe the ECU needs more time to adapt?

No, it is the same calibration strategy used in our tuned files for the latest ECU revision, however, reflashing the ECU will also reset any adaptions that have taken place. This combined with different outside conditions, that affect boost, can result in a bit of a difference in the boost figures you're seeing.

Colder weather = less boost [emoji108]?

:w00t:

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to post and see if anyone has had a similar issue as mine during this reflash process.
First the car is a '12 GTI 4dr DSG , APR stg 1 since 7k and I'm at 80k now , only other mods are a BSH intake and magnaflow exhaust:

took the car in expecting to get my tune wiped ( which it did, no big deal ) however I was hoping this would fix my intermittent long cranking/no start issue. I say intermittent because in the 80k I've owned this car its happened maybe a total of 7 times.

ever since I had this reflash done its been having a long crank consistently and when it does start, it misfires until it warms up now I'm getting a code for misfire in the number 2/3 cylinder

plugs , coils are all new (R8 coils) , OEM LPFP/HPFP and injectors.

anyone else had issues similar since this reflash?

I figured if I had them reflash my APR tune it may cover the gaps that the patch may have left but I'm not sure.

FWIW, all the Clients that I've spoken with who were affected by the "intermittent no start/long cranking" issue had this symptom resolved post-24AX ECU update.

Question for you; Did you test the no start/long cranking before getting the tuned file flashed back on by your tuner? Or have you not received the tuned file reflash back to yoru ECU yet since the VW Dealership updated it?

Tayrob

Passed Driver's Ed
FWIW, all the Clients that I've spoken with who were affected by the "intermittent no start/long cranking" issue had this symptom resolved post-24AX ECU update.

Question for you; Did you test the no start/long cranking before getting the tuned file flashed back on by your tuner? Or have you not received the tuned file reflash back to yoru ECU yet since the VW Dealership updated it?

thanks for your input, no as of right now i have not yet had my vehicle re-tuned. I was holding off due to the fact that this misfire has popped up and when I took it to the dealer they mentioned that occasionally tuned vehicles have issues after their patch updates.
so in an effort to not have my car re-tuned twice I held off until i resolve the misfire issue.

as for the longcrank/no start that was what actually prompted me to take the GTI to my dealer instead of the third party VW shop I occasionally work with.

So when I had a no start event occur the week before my update i figured the dealer should do the patch at the same time as my 80k service.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Well my dealer was so nice to do this update to my car with out letting me know. Hope it's worth the $50 that I had to pay to re-tune my ecu. So far I have not noticed any differences.

BlancpainGT3

Ready to race!
How many people here got the recall flash and have program switching?

Wouldnt the tune stay on the car and worse case scenario youd just have to hold the stalk back down and go to whatever program you wanted or?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
How many people here got the recall flash and have program switching?

Wouldnt the tune stay on the car and worse case scenario youd just have to hold the stalk back down and go to whatever program you wanted or?

No. It overwrites everything and all Apr features and program switching is gone.
The tune flash is fully removed and replaced. You will need to go to the Apr under to get it reflashed afterwards

BlancpainGT3

Ready to race!
No. It overwrites everything and all Apr features and program switching is gone.
The tune flash is fully removed and replaced. You will need to go to the Apr under to get it reflashed afterwards

Interesting, Anyone know you go in with stage 2...they flash your ecu, wipes your tune..but when you get reflashed did you get the new apr stage 2 update? curious if tuners wont have access to the previous apr stage 2 version.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Never did a review after I did this update but so far no issues with that warm start stumble etc knock on wood. It's been like two months. So I'm happy. Keep you posted if does occur again.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I had the dealer process the 24AX software update a few days ago as this required for California auto registration renewal. :thumbdown: (Dealer completes a pink card and hands it to you so you can send it to the DMV along with your check.) Holy Slow Poke batman! I completely forgot how slow our OEM tuned GTI's are. :laugh: My boost gauge would barely break 10psi. I drove it straight to http://www.emmanueledesign.com/ and had them re-flash me back to GIAC Stage 2 :happyanim:

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Never did a review after I did this update but so far no issues with that warm start stumble etc knock on wood. It's been like two months. So I'm happy. Keep you posted if does occur again.

Update: no issues with warm start no more! Car drives like it should of from the factory!

JT641

Banned
The dealer is changing your software version with this new ECU update they are doing. There can are multiple different ECU box codes and software versions for the MK6 Gti alone. When you perform an APR flash, the file from APR has to "match" that box code and software version. Since this ecu update from VW changed the software version to something that there was no "matching" APR file for, APR does whatever they need to do on their end so when you plug a car in and connect to their server, the file matches the car and will allow you to flash the ECU. The performance will be the same as before.

I have to get this update as it's required to renew my registration here in CA as it is with others here. My question is will I be able to go back to the older version of APR stage 1 which has the 100 octane mode (the newer version doesn't)