GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Nothing for Canada eh?

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

I asked him he said he would ship it to Canada (I was already talking to him as I have a buddy that was interested but he has hydraulic power steering). Seems like a really nice guy. Sounds like he would do $500 free shipping to Canada "buy it now". Message him through the listing if you're interested.

This will be a great deal for someone.

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Full suspension refresh completed today. Koni sports paired with H&R sport, supported with tt-rs mounts and all new hardware. This was done at 150,000kms, with all original suspension equipment coming off of the car.

First impressions are honestly staggering. My car was getting sloppy. I feel like I just drove off the lot with a brand new, upgraded version of my car. Going to get used to the suspension and let the car settle for a few weeks. I might dial the fronts down half a turn softer. Then an alignment.

Front left axle was also replaced today with an OEM replacement. It was puking grease out and making a racket.
Please post some pics. How long was the job tho? I'm gonna have pay someone to do mine, even though I'd like to do it myself.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
I asked him he said he would ship it to Canada (I was already talking to him as I have a buddy that was interested but he has hydraulic power steering). Seems like a really nice guy. Sounds like he would do $500 free shipping to Canada "buy it now". Message him through the listing if you're interested.

This will be a great deal for someone.
I'm will probably consider it but not 100% at the moments.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Please post some pics. How long was the job tho? I'm gonna have pay someone to do mine, even though I'd like to do it myself.

Usually a shop will charge an hour of labor per corner. Rear sway is another hour (which is BS). Front sway will be 2hrs and require a re-alignment and all new stretch bolts.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I’m looking forward to getting a suspension refresh as well. Did you replace any bushings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the upper and lower rear spring seats as well.

Didn't touch sways or control arms or their bushings. We did an inspection and there was no visible cracking.

These will be done in the summer and upgraded. Budget reeled me in a bit when we found out the left front axle had to be replaced.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Mine is the Wolfsburg edition, I believe it's the same spec as the sportsline, because I measured my rear sway bar, it's around 21mm or same as TDI.

I was thinking you were because of your ride height in your pics looked exactly like mine.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion

I'll get some pics up. I'm sitting at about a fingers worth of gap between tire and fender right now.

It was about 6 hours. This was all four corners and a front axle, with a trip to borrow a breaker bar for the axle, starbucks, and a road test.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Went to look at a '11 Golf private sale, some of the panel gaps didn't look like right tho, the more the owner spoke the more I was convinced he was a $hit.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Stocking up on another 2.5L?
The Golf is my Son’s, he finished school at the end of April, I’ve grown attached to the little run about so if I can find one with low mileage for a reasonable price, why not eh. Then again pulling down the 2.0T in the Tiguan has given alot of onsight on R&R of the 2.0T so I can leverage that and get a car with a TSI, but 2.5 is the best engine for day to day with very few surprises.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Congratulation Kollin, actually a great time to get into a MK6 R, although older FSI engine, IMO better value than buying a GTI if you can find a good one.