GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
I confirmed with my buddy Andrew who rebuilt a ton of VW transmissions when he was an apprentice that this VW 5 speed tranny has been around for years, they change the number with updates but the architecture remains the same so any VW shop will know it well.

You mean the swap or just this trans in particular?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Did a final check over under the car last night for everything needed while we do a full suspension overhaul. Can now add front axle to the list.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Did a final check over under the car last night for everything needed while we do a full suspension overhaul. Can now add front axle to the list.
Sorry if I missed anything, whats the reason doing the full suspension overhaul again?

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Got an amazing deal on a new KONI sport and H&R spring set-up. Need to do endlinks all around...going to do all mounts and hardware. I'm at 150k....plan on keeping the car for a bit.

You do yours yet....you're going DG right?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Got an amazing deal on a new KONI sport and H&R spring set-up. Need to do endlinks all around...going to do all mounts and hardware. I'm at 150k....plan on keeping the car for a bit.

You do yours yet....you're going DG right?
Not yet, I got most of the parts ready to go, ttrs top mounts, rears mounts, new bolts and nuts, and DG springs, should I do the endlinks? I'm at 110000kms. Just installed led h7 bulbs and bought a roof box.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Excellent. I’m doing my endlinks because I have play in my front ones. I went with ttrs mounts as well...even new bump stops and dust boots. All being done next weekend. Then alignment...hopefully get the winters off soon.

Roof box looks nice. Oh....you got those light rims too...you’ve gotta be itching for spring to get em on.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ever since the rain and cold in Daytona in January, I've been thinking of getting a Roof box as well. Thinking of this one as its 76 inches long and 33 inches wide ... .

Met a few Brits and they convert them into compact pop-up tent campers.... must be a European thing but better than a tent when it's cold and raining and converts in minutes.

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Ever since the rain and cold in Daytona in January, I've been thinking of getting a Roof box as well. Thinking of this one as its 76 inches long and 33 inches wide ... .

Met a few Brits and they convert them into compact pop-up tent campers.... must be a European thing but better than a tent when it's cold and raining and converts in minutes.

Exactly the one I got. How do you they even convert that onto pop-up tent campers? I need a picture to visualize this.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Excellent. I’m doing my endlinks because I have play in my front ones. I went with ttrs mounts as well...even new bump stops and dust boots. All being done next weekend. Then alignment...hopefully get the winters off soon.

Roof box looks nice. Oh....you got those light rims too...you’ve gotta be itching for spring to get em on.

Yeah, I have got some much stuff waiting in my basement right now. I just realized that I don't have dust boots, do I need them? Can you share the price you pay for the suspensions?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Exactly the one I got. How do you they even convert that onto pop-up tent campers? I need a picture to visualize this
Take a look, they sell them in Europe, can be used on top of cars or on the ground.

Attachments

• Tent1.JPG
    Tent1.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Tent2.JPG
    Tent2.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 97

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Take a look, they sell them in Europe, can be used on top of cars or on the ground.
Oh wow, guess I learn something today. Those things are cool you into camping. Oh btw, did you have to adjust the headlight with led hu bulbs installed? Haven't had people flashing me back, but it seems they are aiming a bit high and very bright!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Oh wow, guess I learn something today. Those things are cool you into camping. Oh btw, did you have to adjust the headlight with led hu bulbs installed? Haven't had people flashing me back, but it seems they are aiming a bit high and very bright!
Mine was exactly the same pattern as the stock halogens.

Use a 6mm allen key to turn the big white/yellowish plastic adjuster behind and below headlight assembly to lower them. Tip: Use masking or electrical tape on the garage wall to mark off the cut offs. Use the Allen Key handle as reference to direction and how much you have adjusted.

EDIT: No not into camping but when I'm at a track for multiple days like Daytona and this coming weekend in Sebring, I like to have a place to bed down, not all people can get a Tiffin Motor Home. I see the British mechanics using them so why not, I'm an old guy so having at least a foam mattress is a big plus, the base of these conversions is lined with foam so you not sleeping on the ground and warmer at night.

Last edited: