GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
hey guys, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
Yesterday(saturday)I got my k04 installed and tuned it with the first base k04 map Alex sent. he mentioned in his email that the LTFT and STFT fuel trims should be within 0.85 to 1.15 so right after flashing the ECU everything seemed ok so we test drove it and everything was within spec, did a few small WOTs, nothin crazy and so i drove home happy. Today, i drove the car, everything seemed fine again but this time the I noticed one of the fuel trims was over 1.15, 1.22 to be exact and so i decided to datalog it. ran very gently in 3rd gear all the way up to 5500rpms and I got a EPC light, code P0234 which is turbo overboost. Didnt go into limp move, i drove it home fine but obv took it very easy. Do you think the fuel trim going up to 1.22 had something to do with this code? or P0234 is caused by something totally unrelated? I will be sending the datalog to Alex tomorrow and hoping to get an answer quickly.
Besides that, the car fucking rips, love it soo far :)

ruervyn

Passed Driver's Ed
About to take a plunge on stratified tune for k04 but a bit hesitant because of some bad reviews. How is stratified lately?

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Love the tune on my K03 GTI. I currently have a VWR drop in filter but I want to upgrade to an APR Stage 1 cold air intake. Stratified said I need to pay them $75 so they can redo my tune for the intake. Is this necessary? I mainly just want the intake for the sound and it’s only the stage 1 version of the intake. Would I be okay just installing it and not changing the tune? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Yesterday(saturday)I got my k04 installed and tuned it with the first base k04 map Alex sent. he mentioned in his email that the LTFT and STFT fuel trims should be within 0.85 to 1.15 so right after flashing the ECU everything seemed ok so we test drove it and everything was within spec, did a few small WOTs, nothin crazy and so i drove home happy. Today, i drove the car, everything seemed fine again but this time the I noticed one of the fuel trims was over 1.15, 1.22 to be exact and so i decided to datalog it. ran very gently in 3rd gear all the way up to 5500rpms and I got a EPC light, code P0234 which is turbo overboost. Didnt go into limp move, i drove it home fine but obv took it very easy. Do you think the fuel trim going up to 1.22 had something to do with this code? or P0234 is caused by something totally unrelated? I will be sending the datalog to Alex tomorrow and hoping to get an answer quickly.

Im ko3 and i see my stft max at 1.25 on my ap never had that cel thrown. only problems ive had with stratified is seeing mt knock sometimes go up to -4 on rare occasions and having strange rev hang issues.

Frankenmk6

Got logs? Let's take a look.

lleron

Ready to race!
About to take a plunge on stratified tune for k04 but a bit hesitant because of some bad reviews. How is stratified lately?

See the post above. I'm not blown away by my k04 tune, and I've been through 8 revisions. It's still a bit choppy/surgey and I was told driveability issues are hard to diagnose with an etune. It's very hard to tell if the problem is hardware or the tune, so I'm not 100% sure it's the tune but would be much easier to diagnose if you just use a local tuner. Honestly I wish I spent the extra $200 and just went to cobb in socal for my tune.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Looks like Startified has stopped selling their pro-tune for the MK6. Anyone know why??

They likely have too much workload and cannot take any more protune customers right now. They do this from time to time.

ksandman

Ready to race!

More than likely the boost tables need to be adjusted. Let him know. He’ll get the tune right. It’s apart of the process. And I agree. K04 on our cars is pretty damn sweet! Sometimes I find myself thinking it’s too fast yet at the same time I want to get a gtx2867 lol.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
More than likely the boost tables need to be adjusted. Let him know. He’ll get the tune right. It’s apart of the process. And I agree. K04 on our cars is pretty damn sweet! Sometimes I find myself thinking it’s too fast yet at the same time I want to get a gtx2867 lol.

Thanks man! Yeah i sent him an email about it. Hopefully its just a tune issue.

yolotomasi

I ordered an e tune when I ordered my Cobb cat back as it was supposed to be $50 off, though it doesn't seem I actually received the discount. I also received times for a different engine code than what I specified. Still haven't received a response to my email. Anyone know what current turnaround times are?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion

seems to be that my wastegate needs to be adjusted.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
that's what she said