GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I WFH'd for 3 years.

It was nice to be able to tackle personal projects in between meetings - throw a load of laundry in, empty the dishwasher, intercept a package of car parts before the wife, etc.

But it sucked otherwise. Sure, "close the door and don't go back in" works in theory.... but I found I worked WAY more hours. I no longer had the pressure of "fuck I better get out of here", it was always, "just a few more minutes..."

Then there's the fun of having a spouse and/or child around sometimes who don't understand the WORK part of WORK from home.

I can agree with all of this. I work a ton of hours but OT on my checks are GREAT. Wife doesn’t understand until I voiced me opinion and got my fucking office back. I was in the middle of the living room “office” then at new place I don’t give a fuck. This is my office and I have shit to do. Need quiet. Turn the fucking TV down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
THIS

On the occasion I wfh and she's there she thinks it's a vacay day for me to spend time with her. We've gotten in actual arguments over me "not paying attention to her" when I'm wfh.

Been there done that got the shirt. Had the convo of if I don’t work we can’t live here and do this.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Feels man. Feels. #solidarity

Many, many arguments.

This.

That.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Want to come with me to the store?

Can you help me with this?

JIIIIIIIIIM? (as I'm on a call...)

Who was that you were talking to?

Would you come down here for a minute?

When do you think you'll be done today?

You don't have to YELL at me to turn the music down (when I'm on a call...)

You were just posting on a forum so you don't look busy to me...

OMG come down and see what the cat's doing

Come outside so you can see something

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

(On conference call or phone in general) “hey Craig, (opens door lettting self in) can you....” me: WTF GET OUT OF HERE IM ON THE FUCKING PHONE. Then proceeds to give you the WTF I didn’t deserve that reaction face. Honey.... I’m working and on the phone. I’ll be out when I’m done.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're living the EXACT same lives my good man sans cat. Replace cat with dog and it's literally spot on.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
(On conference call or phone in general) “hey Craig, (opens door lettting self in) can you....” me: WTF GET OUT OF HERE IM ON THE FUCKING PHONE. Then proceeds to give you the WTF I didn’t deserve that reaction face. Honey.... I’m working and on the phone. I’ll be out when I’m done.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're living the EXACT same lives my good man sans cat. Replace cat with dog and it's literally spot on.

Do you want anything from the store?

Should I get mayo or miracle whip?

Do you like French dressing or should I just get another bottle of Ranch when I go to the store?

I was thinking about x-y-z for dinner, what do you think?

What kind of side should we do with dinner?

Junior - go ask your dad if he would like a glass of water

Go ask your dad if he needs anything

I think dad wanted to go out to dinner tonight so go ask him if it's okay if you go to Danny's house

I don't know why your XBOX won't connect to the internet - go ask dad to help you

Dad can you help me fix my Lacrosse net? It looks funny

Dad why doesn't the TV turn on?

OMG WOMAN I'M WORKING MAKE A DECISION AND MOVE ON PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Do you want anything from the store?

Should I get mayo or miracle whip?

Do you like French dressing or should I just get another bottle of Ranch when I go to the store?

I was thinking about x-y-z for dinner, what do you think?

What kind of side should we do with dinner?

Junior - go ask your dad if he would like a glass of water

Go ask your dad if he needs anything

I think dad wanted to go out to dinner tonight so go ask him if it's okay if you go to Danny's house

I don't know why your XBOX won't connect to the internet - go ask dad to help you

Dad can you help me fix my Lacrosse net? It looks funny

Dad why doesn't the TV turn on?

OMG WOMAN I'M WORKING MAKE A DECISION AND MOVE ON PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Yup.

Look at this picture of the dog isn’t it funny?

Hey I’m thinking this for financial blah blah blah

Gets out of office at 9pm. 13 hour day. “Hey you’re done working we’ve been waiting for you to be done so we can have dinner. What do you want? I don’t feel like cooking I had a long day” CEREAL. EVERYONE IS GETTING FUCKING CEREAL.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Did you get my text? I didn't want to bother you since you were shouting at someone on the phone.

*spots the Outlook contact photo of a coworker* She's pretty. Do you work with her a lot? Do you think she's pretty? How often do you work together? What does she do? Is that who you were yelling at earlier?

Gets out of office at 9pm. 13 hour day. “Hey you’re done working we’ve been waiting for you to be done so we can have dinner. What do you want? I don’t feel like cooking I had a long day” CEREAL. EVERYONE IS GETTING FUCKING CEREAL.

A+ OMG YES

jay745

Did you get my text? I didn't want to bother you since you were shouting at someone on the phone.

*spots the Outlook contact photo of a coworker* She's pretty. Do you work with her a lot? Do you think she's pretty? How often do you work together? What does she do? Is that who you were yelling at earlier?

A+ OMG YES

#&*)*&%)%%@@!!#$@#%&&(*&)&)!@#%)

holy shit are you spying on me or something?

fucking this so hard except sees a female coworkers name and no pic.

"So does she ever travel with you when you go out of town?"

"You seem to work with a lot of women, hmmph"

"At your work function that you brought me to that one co worker barely talked to us, is that because shes avoiding you when you're around me or something?"

uhhhh that chick is like twice my age and looks like a troll who lives under the bridge, you've got nothing to worry about. Here, look at her pic on linked in...clearly not interested

"it's just that you work with her but never talk about her. seems weird"

(beats skull against wall)

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat 18: Boosted On Vacation - Again; Work From Home Chat

This is absolutely hilarious.

My wife never had these issues though. And she didn’t even have an office. It was a loft adjacent to the living room that I was often times couching. We loved it. We’d get lunch together. She’d cut out early and we’d go to the movies and stuff. Maybe a little afternoon delight [emoji2371]

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
#&*)*&%)%%@@!!#$@#%&&(*&)&)!@#%)

holy shit are you spying on me or something?

fucking this so hard except sees a female coworkers name and no pic.

"So does she ever travel with you when you go out of town?"

"You seem to work with a lot of women, hmmph"

"At your work function that you brought me to that one co worker barely talked to us, is that because shes avoiding you when you're around me or something?"

uhhhh that chick is like twice my age and looks like a troll who lives under the bridge, you've got nothing to worry about. Here, look at her pic on linked in...clearly not interested

"it's just that you work with her but never talk about her. seems weird"

(beats skull against wall)

Indeed sir. Indeed. Even the bolded ones above. I work in marketing. It's 90% women. In fact it's 90% 24-year-old women who use the word "like" 27 times in a 30-second elevator ride.

And I got the opposite of the last one. "You talk about her an awful lot. Hmmm." Well she was a direct report, recent college grad and moved into my team after being an intern. Smart, ambitious, total rockstar. She was basically my little shadow, and I was super impressed. Very coachable, took feedback well and constantly amped up her game. She felt like my daughter or something - in fact I often called her "kiddo". Since she was with me all day most of the time my "tell me about your day" story involved her to some degree.

So I consciously stopped talking about her. Then it was, "You never talk about her anymore. WHy?"

Can't win sometimes.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
This is absolutely hilarious.

My wife never had these issues though. And she didn’t even have an office. It was a loft adjacent to the living room that I was often times couching. We loved it. We’d get lunch together. She’d cut out early and we’d go to the movies and stuff. Maybe a little afternoon delight [emoji2371]

Lady Couch talking on forums:

OMG Mr. Couch won't leave me alone. Always has teh damned TV turned up and has to sit right next to me instead of watching the TV downstairs. Yesterday I was on a call with my boss and he walked by with his wang out and asked for an afternoon delight.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

OMG Mr. Couch won't leave me alone. Always has teh damned TV turned up and has to sit right next to me instead of watching the TV downstairs. Yesterday I was on a call with my boss and he walked by with his wang out and asked for an afternoon delight.

Lololololol

jay745

Since she was with me all day most of the time my "tell me about your day" story involved her to some degree.

So I consciously stopped talking about her. Then it was, "You never talk about her anymore. WHy?"

Can't win sometimes.

I'm now convinced you're either master spy-trolling me or we are living the same life, some sort of weird sci fi netflix thriller soon to be released.

"he got out of the shower and did a helicopter dance, I wanted to barf"

Status
Not open for further replies.