GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Haha, I need my daily to work on Monday so every bone in my body is determined to make this happen...
Thanks @DarianBx3 for the photo. Enjoy lol. K04 swap in a parking garage on stands....don’t recommend but it can be done! Heat is killer though

View attachment 183895
You weren’t kidding about being one with the engine.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Another hack trick I know is using a reciprocating saw to cut the outer shell of the bushing.
Yup! Gave that a try. I had a difficult time controlling the blade and came close to cutting into the trailing arm itself.

The reciprocating saw was great for removing the subframe mount though, cut through that really fast.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Hmmm... :unsure:

Enhance...

My man got pin-style jack stands, im jelly.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I looked at this aux pump. I'm pretty sure I know what's going on here, just want the general opinion of my peers.
Almost every time I park this gal she pees. Probably because this aux pump is leaking? I guess it's possible it could be coming from further up but sure looks like that pump is leaky. Opinions?

Attachments

• 20200823_190031.jpg
    20200823_190031.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 106

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I looked at this aux pump. I'm pretty sure I know what's going on here, just want the general opinion of my peers.
Almost every time I park this gal she pees. Probably because this aux pump is leaking? I guess it's possible it could be coming from further up but sure looks like that pump is leaky. Opinions?

Looks like it on that seam to me

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
The pink crystals tell no lies my friend.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
@Mk6Autobahn

Status report! Did you get it done???
Long story short, hit a ton of roadblocks one after the other and was basically working on it from 10am until a few minutes ago. Exhaust has a leak that I can’t fix due to missing a clamp, and the car finally runs after some hiccups but I’m dripping one drop of oil per second at idle. Looks like it’s coming from the oil feed banjo on the turbo I think, real bummer.

Totally beat, but she runs... Really gonna be disappointed if I have to pull it again :(

Oh yeah need to find a way to properly tighten my axle because I ran out of time and only torqued two or three of the bolts 🤦‍♂️

Gotta be out the door at 5:15 tomorrow morning to do some more Army grunt work so at least I have a ride again. Gonna try to look at it tomorrow night if I can recover some energy

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Looks like it’s pooling up here and dripping down that line
28115B3C-7D92-44E5-B21A-1C13A6B7817B.jpeg