GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Can I install the euro 03G141031P disk with the Sachs performance 883082001422 pressure plate?

Not sure. Are MK7 and MK6 manual transmissions similar?

I did a quick clutch kit search and BFI list different part numbers for MK6 & MK7 stage 1 clutch kits.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Not sure. Are MK7 and MK6 manual transmissions similar?

I did a quick clutch kit search and BFI list different part numbers for MK6 & MK7 stage 1 clutch kits.
The pressure plate is listed as a replacement on a mk6 per FCPEuro. The disk is the one people have been using in the ttrs kit.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Yeah I was very surprised , when the said that in the email . Maybe they don't sell well🙁. He also said another customer wanted to buy it . But I guess I placed the order first through ECS , so he waited to here back from them whether I wanted the red one instead of black. Glad I emailed him , before I respond to ECS. Lol

COVID hit small businesses hard. They let us know they were done selling as well, pretty sad to see.

Removed the mdi interface from the center console and bought this single din insert . Will line it with some felt

Link if anyone wants to buy the insert .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aftermarke...-/333188157232?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Fun fact you can swap the ENTIRE center console out for a totally open center console. I'm waiting on 3 more parts to show up before I swap everything. I'll provide pictures as I go.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
COVID hit small businesses hard. They let us know they were done selling as well, pretty sad to see.

Fun fact you can swap the ENTIRE center console out for a totally open center console. I'm waiting on 3 more parts to show up before I swap everything. I'll provide pictures as I go.
Definitely post some pics , I was thinking about doing it but it seemed like a hassle. Since the whole rear center console has to come off.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion

This is what mine came with, so I was surprised seeing all the weird center consoles you all have

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah we get the absolute bottom barrel of what VW has to offer here in America. If you ever go overseas and see what they have access to it will make you contemplate suicide. VWoA is fucking awful

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I think generally NA gets stiffed by the german manufacturers in terms of offerings and options. I mean I won't get into the fact that so many of the best models aren't made available to us (I understand the unfortunate demand dynamics). But the fact we get inferior lighting and interiors to the euro models is definitely disappointing

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
more unboxing?!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Sold my wheels yesterday and the proceeds will 100% get dumped right back into the car. I think i'm going to drink the koolaid and go with the g25-660 for the turbo. Seems to be perfect for what my power goals are and is the newest most efficient tech.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Definitely post some pics , I was thinking about doing it but it seemed like a hassle. Since the whole rear center console has to come off.
It’s a little hassle for sure. I had to do it for the euro cupholder. As long as you have the right tool and good DIY instruction, you should be fine. You might as well just to the euro cupholder install as well LOL. It‘s one of my favorite interior mods.