jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Put the V6 badge from my Tacoma on the gti so people will know it's fast

20210826_171524.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Just realized a dumb detail I'll have to take care of for my R32 brakes... I'll have to get a different spare because the stock 16" GTI spare won't fit over the R brakes.

Still doing some research, but it seems like 5K0601011AA is the right spare... gotta figure out what other cars came with that spare to see if I can save some money at a junkyard.
Otherwise, that spare tire isn't made anymore and I'll have to go for a 5G0601011 spare, which comes with the newer GTI and R.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just realized a dumb detail I'll have to take care of for my R32 brakes... I'll have to get a different spare because the stock 16" GTI spare won't fit over the R brakes.

Still doing some research, but it seems like 5K0601011AA is the right spare... gotta figure out what other cars came with that spare to see if I can save some money at a junkyard.
Otherwise, that spare tire isn't made anymore and I'll have to go for a 5G0601011 spare, which comes with the newer GTI and R.
My spare…
1630018945396.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
Tidy!! I don't think I wanna carry around a full size spare, though.

Jeez, it's like that pocket in the foam organizer was made for a 1L bottle of Liqui-Moly. Such a perfect fit. I stick mine in the side pocket on the right side of the hatch.

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I make the wife carry the full size spare in the wagon. GTI goes spare-less for extra fun in the back

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

ordered these^^

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Comprehensive list so far! Any issues getting the Helix headlights to work properly? I've read a few people here and there have some issues.
So far it's been plug and play, but I am running halogen low beams. I see trouble with people trying to install LED's and decided to skip for now. Still got a bunch of other stuff to do.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just ordered the iAbed baffled oil pan. Gonna be going with that for my first one or two track seasons and then probably get an accusump setup later on for more peace of mind. Next up is a PM4 module when they go back on sale in a few days. Slowly building up a stockpile of parts to install

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Tidy!! I don't think I wanna carry around a full size spare, though.

Jeez, it's like that pocket in the foam organizer was made for a 1L bottle of Liqui-Moly. Such a perfect fit. I stick mine in the side pocket on the right side of the hatch.
Same here

Phur

Autocross Champion
Anyone have any experience with the Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf oil? I want to ditch the molygen. I feel like I heard much less engine chatter and it just ran smoother with the Motul X-cess.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Installed front lip

86452E9E-7020-46A5-B1D1-B0178A124E76.jpeg

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Looks great my fellow roof rack enthusiast^^^

torga

Autocross Champion
Anyone have any experience with the Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf oil? I want to ditch the molygen. I feel like I heard much less engine chatter and it just ran smoother with the Motul X-cess.
I use Leichtlauf. I've never used anything else, so I couldn't say whether or not it runs more smoothly. I've been debating tossing in a bottle of CeraTec, but I haven't made time to really research it.