GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

Corprin

Autocross Champion
They can't do more than they're doing.

That’s my point.

People beating the drum as yet another scab to pick at, yet can’t come up with a rational response beyond what is already happening.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Circling for shakedown activities maybe? Or is England planning to invade Scotland?

AWACS

So 2 Russian subs left their Port up near Murmansk yesterday....(confirmed by satellite images)..

Went for a walk as its a nice sunny day & saw a big plane doing circles up above...so checked on flight radar...six circles its flown.....things are getting serious now!!!!....... 😬

View attachment 240899

I thought RAF retired the E3’s as pictured? Did they pull some out of mothball or are the P8s flying under the Solex call signs now?

Also, seems more like an AWACS orbit, rather than a Maritime patrol.

can you see if they are 2 or 4 engine aircraft?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
AWACS

I thought RAF retired the E3’s as pictured? Did they pull some out of mothball or are the P8s flying under the Solex call signs now?

can you see if they are 2 or 4 engine aircraft?

Its the big four engine E-3D Sentry AEW1...& as you say basically AWACS........

The ones retired..scrapped actually was the Nimrod when they were part way through the MRA4 upgrade.....

However we do have a complete set of nine Poseidons ..last one delivered in January 2022....

& BTW that E-3D has now switched off its transponder.....& where it was flying over is a high (for the UK) mountainous plateau area with very little population, not much interference, so good for doing a full test/calibration in the air...

golfdave

Autocross Champion

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
That’s my point.

People beating the drum as yet another scab to pick at, yet can’t come up with a rational response beyond what is already happening.
What was irrational about my direct response to your direct question? I'm not saying that it will stop 40 miles of troops from advancing. Never did. You can call it "picking a scab" all you want, but it would mean less money to fund his war effort and some relief for Americans.

golfdave

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Daks

Autocross Champion
I think you are forgetting the fact that Ukraine wants to join NATO, and has for nearly a decade now. It doesn’t matter what the US wants, it doesn’t matter what Russia wants. It’s what Ukraine wants that is important.

Based on what is happening, the Ukrainian people clearly do NOT want Russian/pro-Russian rule.

As for your separation of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan… this was also the Soviet’s invading a neighbor. 🤷‍♂️
Ok, but let's play pretend here for just a bit.

Say Russia has some sort of agreement with countries that fit their ideology - and say Canada (US' semi retarded cousin), wants to join that agreement and allow "Russia" to form a couple of army bases just south of the US border. I bet you the good ole' US of A isn't going to be to keen on that idea.

As for the Afghanistan thing, you missed my point. Russia directly borders with Ukraine - there a few 'stans that are there in-between Russia and Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
What was irrational about my direct response to your direct question? I'm not saying that it will stop 40 miles of troops from advancing. Never did. You can call it "picking a scab" all you want, but it would mean less money to fund his war effort and some relief for Americans.

I am saying I agree with your post.

People decrying the US’s lack of involvement (what ever that means) yet cannot provide any additional support that won’t drag us into another world war.

This “picking the scab” is the habit of Americans when the other team is running the show. Can’t look at things objectively.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

Say Russia has some sort of agreement with countries that fit their ideology - and say Canada (US' semi retarded cousin), wants to join that agreement and allow "Russia" to form a couple of army basis just south of the US border. I bet you the good ole' US of A isn't going to be to keen on that idea.

As for the Afghanistan thing, you missed my point. Russia directly borders with Ukraine - there a few 'stans that are there in-between Russia and Afghanistan.

I fail to see your analogy with Canada here. When did NATO/EU/US/anyone suggest putting bases inside Russian territory? Ukraine is a sovereign nation, it is not part of Russia.

The Afghanistan thing. Yes there were some “stans” between Russia and Afghanistan, those were part of the USSR. The envision of Afghanistan was launched from Soviet territory into a bordering nation.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I fail to see your analogy with Canada here. When did NATO/EU/US/anyone suggest putting bases inside Russian territory?!??

The Afghanistan thing. Yes there were some “stans” between Russia and Afghanistan, not those were part of the USSR. The envision of Afghanistan was launched from Soviet territory into a bordering nation.
Treat Ukraine as Canada in my scenario.
I fail to see your analogy with Canada here. When did NATO/EU/US/anyone suggest putting bases inside Russian territory?!?? Ukraine is a sovereign nation, it is not part of Russia.

The Afghanistan thing. Yes there were some “stans” between Russia and Afghanistan, not those were part of the USSR. The envision of Afghanistan was launched from Soviet territory into a bordering nation.
Agreed- but those were always separatist states.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

Say Russia has some sort of agreement with countries that fit their ideology - and say Canada (US' semi retarded cousin), wants to join that agreement and allow "Russia" to form a couple of army bases just south of the US border. I bet you the good ole' US of A isn't going to be to keen on that idea.

That's already played out once before, in Cuba & Turkey. Cuba is still paying the price today.

I think there's one important difference as well between Ukraine and its neighbors. If there's one thing the Ukraine people have shown this last week it's the idea that "Ukraine isn't a real state" was nothing more than Russian propaganda. The Ukraine people have shown that they intend to fight for their autonomy from Russia, or die trying. They're serious about not becoming Belarus.

Daks

Autocross Champion
That's already played out once before, in Cuba & Turkey. Cuba is still paying the price today.

I think there's one important difference as well between Ukraine and its neighbors. If there's one thing the Ukraine people have shown this last week it's the idea that "Ukraine isn't a real state" was nothing more than Russian propaganda. The Ukraine people have shown that they intend to fight for their autonomy from Russia, or die trying. They're serious about not becoming Belarus.
I agree. But then they have to play a game where they can't really side with the West too much, because guess what, you biggest neighbour isn't cool with it. And they're kinda big and strong. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Treat Ukraine as Canada in my scenario.

But to your analogy, it would be like the US placing bases in Russian territory because Ukraine is chummy with the US. I don’t see when anyone wanted to put a base in Russia. Conversely, Russia has been actively taking territory from a sovereign nation for 8yrs and has now started a full scale invasion to take the rest. The people of that nation said fuck you, we won’t be your puppet.

Based on our stance with democracy and freedom, we should support them.

Agreed- but those were always separatist states.

Separatist or not, they were run and housed quantities of Russian troops. US troops have very little footprint outside of Germany, UK and Italy, and those support the greater NATO mission. Along the eastern edge of NATO US forces are limited to anti-ballistic missile systems, command and control, and combined training exercises. Which all seem pretty well justified at this point. 🤷‍♂️