GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
I'm a basic bitch. 91 Blue is my fav Spektrum color, despite being close to CFB. Which just shows how awesome CFB is as a color. But if I had a chance for a deal on one of the purple ones, I'd go for. Not my fav, but still has the cool uniqueness factor.
thanks for the new sig

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20230131-095605_Chrome.jpg

625.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I pay every year.

This is the result of policies supporting tax cuts and trickle down economics - they fuck everybody below the threshold. I’ll see myself out on rule 1.

There’s a line where they want to make the people they fuck the most feel better by giving them a refund. Make more than that line, you end up owing money unless you designate an amount of extra withholding every check.
Hooray for tax talk! The most likey thing going on is either:
1 - your withholding sheet is messed up and you need to update it
Or
2 - if you make OT or bonuses, it's possible your company isn't using the special bonus payment withholding rate, which can result in underpayment

Lastly, part of the last set of tax cuts that were passed included updating withholding tables to try to more closely match what people would actually owe. The idea was more money would go home in every paycheck with the trade-off being smaller refunds. Prior to that, the tables intentionally over withheld significantly. Most people making under $50k a year pay essentially nothing in federal income tax and most people under $100k pay very little (10-15% at most). It's SS and Medicare that get you.

Serious offer of help here too, you can PM if you've got questions. I love this crap, but don't want to clutter the thread too much.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
My black paint looks like shit. Absolute ass. It’s swirl city. I’ve been contemplating finding something close to a couple of the spectrum colors I like and going with that.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Hooray for tax talk! The most likey thing going on is either:
1 - your withholding sheet is messed up and you need to update it
Or
2 - if you make OT or bonuses, it's possible your company isn't using the special bonus payment withholding rate, which can result in underpayment

Lastly, part of the last set of tax cuts that were passed included updating withholding tables to try to more closely match what people would actually owe. The idea was more money would go home in every paycheck with the trade-off being smaller refunds. Prior to that, the tables intentionally over withheld significantly. Most people making under $50k a year pay essentially nothing in federal income tax and most people under $100k pay very little (10-15% at most). It's SS and Medicare that get you.

Serious offer of help here too, you can PM if you've got questions. I love this crap, but don't want to clutter the thread too much.
Taxes are confusing, but thanks for breaking it out -- I keep forgetting that social security and medicare are a thing, and that makes way more sense. All I know is that the checks give me enough to have a life I enjoy, so I'm not about to complain about wanting more.

getting the paint corrected will cost far less than a wrap

OTOH, it's a good excuse to get a snazzy color. If I weren't a little uneasy about my Mazda possibly rusting to death, I'd be strongly considering a nice Ginster-esque yellow wrap because the paint is pretty beat.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I wish my wrap guy didn't more than double his price :(

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
As I collect all my tax stuff for this year my large refund from last year is still being held up by the IRS. Smells like audit time I wish they would just decide. On a good note it appears my one week unemployment was processed and should be paid out shortly.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
As I collect all my tax stuff for this year my large refund from last year is still being held up by the IRS. Smells like audit time I wish they would just decide. On a good note it appears my one week unemployment was processed and should be paid out shortly.
I got to collect unemployment once over 2020, and man if that wasn't the most stressful time of my life. Literal hours on the phone to try to get enrolled, and then hoping I'd be able to find something again so we wouldn't lose our house. Thankfully I got picked back up as part of the skeleton crew, but man if it wasn't a sketchy time.

The day I got furloughed I had just ran out to get some chicken nuggets from Wendy's, and those were the guiltiest $0.99 I'd spent in a long time once I got the phone call.
Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you, nobody really realizes how awful financial stress is until they experience it firsthand.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Is it too early for lunch?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Thread title game failing. Feel this has been the current title for like a week.

CSB4 when?

Status
Not open for further replies.