GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

1. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

SOLD GTI - THANKS FOR HELP & ADVICE

DOUBLE POST -PLEASE DELETE DOUBLE POST - PLEASE DELETE
  2. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

SOLD GTI - THANKS FOR HELP & ADVICE

Yesterday I sold my 2011 GTI, replaced with a 2015 Toyota Highlander. After 4+ years and at 55 years old decided it was time to move on. Had a lot of fun at track days on Summit Point Shenandoah circuit, life lasting memories. THANK YOU to all that helped with advice especially Bender, the...
  3. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

STEREO PROBLEMS

So last year at this time my stereo would be dead on cold mornings and sometimes on the way home from work if really cold outside. Family problems took all my spare time and never went into the dealer for a diagnostic on stereo. Last spring the problem stopped with warmer weather and I forgot...
  4. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

DEAD STEREO IN COLD WEATHER - HELP?

So last year at this time my stereo would be dead on cold mornings and sometimes on the way home from work if really cold outside. Family problems took all my spare time and never went into the dealer for a diagnostic on stereo. Last spring the problem stopped with warmer weather and I forgot...
  5. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

CAR REAR ENDED - NEED ADVICE

My car was rear ended at a red light at very low speed (10 - 15 MPH) with some cosmetic damage (craking on the rubber bumper skirt). I need advice on what might need looking at. Are the shock absorbing pistons in the bumper a "1 time use" item, needing to be replaced? Also can the cracking in...
  6. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

NEW SB STAGE 3 DROP IN CLUTCH DISK FAILURE

HELP - Today at lunch with 966 miles on SB STAGE III drop in clutch disk I switched to stage 2 tune and after about 5 miles took the car onto the highway. Until now I had been in stock mode and really babying the clutch. WOT in fifth at 3500 rpm the clutch slipped and slipped badly, jumping out...
  7. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Explain your User Name.

Nieces and nephews call me uncle Pauly. After I stopped weight lifting I put on the pounds (6'-1" & 255#), hence the name "BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY". Avatar is from Familiy Guy season 2 episode 16. Signature was a comment from my then 4 year old niece 1st time she saw my car.
  8. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

CARBONIO NEW FILTER FITTMENT ISSUES

Bought a replacement filter and today at about 12K miles on the old filter decided to replace with new. I bought the filter from Carbonio Direct (mail order) Code : FIL-VW-TSI Item : VW Mk5 & Mk6 TSI filter. Problem: I can not get the new filter to fit onto the intake carbon fiber pipe...
  9. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

ALIGNMENT WITH DG SPRINGS

So it been about 500 - 600 miles since install of DG springs, struts/shocks and front/rear sway bars. Because subframe was loosened/dropped and DG springs lowered car nearly 1" should I go to VW dealer for alignment? Goodyear tire shop (reputable shop) near work seemed a little apprehensive when...
  10. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Hotchkis (APR) Rear Sway Bar Only?

EDITED UPDATE - Ordered both front & rears. Thanks "GlfSprtCT1" for your reply.
  11. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

BEST HELMET WEBSITES

Was at the East Coast VW R Track Event were I experienced my first track sessions (rented helmet from TrackDaze). Now I'm hooked and need a helmet for the next event. Looking for a good discount website with lots of options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul
  12. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

HELP - REAR SUSPENSION QUESTION

Trying out a new Harbor Freight floor jack I raised the rear driver's side of the car. I made sure to center the sadle pad was on the weld joint at the "arrow" then raised car just enough to free the rear tire. Released the jack slowly and then noticed the rear driver side of the car sits 1"...
  13. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

OEM INTERCOOLER WORTH / VALUE?

I'm having a S3 IC installed Friday and wanted to know if I should save the OEM for any reason. Are they selling and if so, how much? Would there be any reason I would want to keep it for the future? Would it be an upgrade and fit a MK5? With plastic end caps is it worth much as scrap metal...
  14. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

AWE TURBO OUTLET PIPE - WORTH THE $$$ ?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed in past threads but I could not find much. I have a Audi S3 intercooler that will be installed next Friday so I still have time to order the AWE TOP. The raw aluminum one with shipping would be about $175 and I'm already paying for the intercooler...
  15. BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

if you can have anything for your GTI that you want...

You could pay to have the windows tinted. $150 - $250 for non ceramic tint; mine's 3M "color stable" brand (20%) and cost less than $250.