GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by michel

1. M

FS: 2010 GTI - 4 Door - Manual - Black

Hi guys, I'm looking to sell my car and get something cheaper (8th gen civic or something). Just got married and moved in to a new house and my wife needs a new car as well. I'm not in a rush or desperate to sell, I love this car and have taken very good care of it. I've owned it for 5 years...
  2. M

2011 BMW 328i xDrive

Hi, I'm posting this for a friend - I don't normally do this, but this car is very clean and can confidently vouch for the owner. If interested, please PM me here and I will send you his contact information. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Below are the details and some pictures. The...
  3. M

What are OEM Detroits worth?

Thinking of maybe selling my Detroits with tires (Falken FK453). Rims are in good condition, very minor scuffs and one has some curb rash (there since I bought the car). Tires used for 2-3 summers. Anyone have a ballpark of what these rims are worth nowadays? Would I be able to get $1000? I...
  4. M

FS: GTI Ignition Coils, 034 Motorsports Strut Mounts, OEM Strut Mounts and Bearings

Hi guys, I have the following for sale: - 4 GTI ignition coils; upgraded to r8 coil packs about 2 years ago. These have probably 30k kms on them. Looking for $60. - 034 Motorsports strut mounts (pictured on the left below) with FAG bearings. I installed these in the spring and put ~6000 kms...
  5. M

Can strut bearing be replaced without removing strut?

Hi guys, I've swapped my suspension over about 3 times now; this last time was to replace my strut mounts with 034Motorsport ones (+new bearings) to get rid of the squeaks. I got an alignment done as well. They were good for about 2 days, no noise, but now it's back and worse when I have more...
  6. M

Winter tires + Steelies & Another 4 Tires

Hi guys, I'm helping a friend sell these. The first is a set of Continental Winter tires mounted on steel rims. These were on a 2011 GTI, used for about 1 season. Looking to get $450 OBO for this set. Size is 205/55/16. The second is a set of 4 winter tires (no steelies here), brand is...
  7. M

Civic Type R 2015

I'll take an 8th gen SI over my GTI. It's a much more engaging drive, and the engine has character. BTW I absolutely LOVE my GTI. I bought it because my brother had an SI at the time which I could drive anytime. MK7 is realistically my next car, but I would be equally happy with a type r, if...
  8. M

Going homeless/car squatting for a couple months. Concerns/advice?

It sounds like you've had a tough upbringing. Despite what some people are saying (it saddens me to see the disregard humans have for each other), I would encourage you to keep up your positive outlook. You have a good job, are studious and motivated - well done. Many people in your situation...
  9. M

rattle on startup and in low rpm load

Hey guys, My dad has a 2012 golf/jetta sportwagon and for a while now I notice (mostly cold start) it has a rattle that sounds like the timing chain on startup. The same noise is present when driving around and it shifts to higher gear (low rpm) with some load or if a/c is running. It...
  10. M

FS: H&R SuperSport Springs with GTI Shocks/Struts - $200

I just recently upgraded my shocks/struts to Koni's and got another set (of the same springs) since it's easier to install rather than swapping everything over... Anyways, looking to sell the shocks/struts and springs that were removed from my mk6 GTI. I think these are the mk5 springs (see...
  11. M

Rear Caliper Reset Tool

Anyone have this tool? If so, where did you get it from? I'd rather buy one over getting the autozone rental as we have 2 vw's in the house and I'll need this more than once... I found this kit at Princess Auto, but I'm concerned that it doesn't have the right size for our calipers...
  12. M

LF/WTB: H&R Super Sport Springs MK6 GTI

Hi there, Looking to buy a set of H&R super sport springs for my mk6 GTI, 4 door manual (not sure if that makes a difference). Please let me know what you have, budget is $150-$180. Located in Mississauga. Thanks, Mike
  13. M

H&R SuperSports - shaft hitting frame

Hey guys, So I installed H&R supersport springs w/OEM shocks on my gti this summer. I had read that no one had problems with hitting the frame with just springs. I've felt as if the frame hit on a few really big bumps, but thought it may have been the bump stops since I didn't cut them down...
  14. M

Dow Ends at Record High Today - How'd You Do?

^ Though inflation is low, at least its no longer in deflation. USD is also improving in strength which is a good sign. I think the US economy will out perform the CAD economy for the next while. In canada, we have Pensions and RRSP's for retirement (equivalent to 401k). We have a canadian...
  15. M

Strut Spreader Tool

Anyone have one locally they'd like to sell me? :) I'm picking up some springs and want to install them as soon as I can, so don't feel like waiting 2 weeks for the tool to come in the mail.. Thanks, Mike