GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by patrickj

1. P

NIB Cherry LED Tails for sale

I have a set of Cherry LED tails NIB for sale. I bought these about a year ago fron NGP Racing and never got around to installing them. I'm about to trade the R on a new Tiguan, and have a few parts to sell. These are NIB and were never installed. I can post pics later today or tomorrow...
  2. P

Feeler - FS - Stage 2+ 2012 Golf R

2012 Golf R base, 2 door, 6speed manual Carbon Steel Gray ~16,500 miles VA legal window tinting by Matt at TNT Tint APR Stage 2+ software - 4 programs APR HPFP APR Downpipe to factory catback VWR short shifter 42 DD shifter bushings I have a set of LED tails that are NIB. They can go with the...
  3. P

WTB: Golf R Talladega wheels

Looking for a set of 4 Golf R Talladega wheels for a dedicated summer setup. I love how this wheel looks on my R and don't really want to change it except for powder coating. Looking local to N. VA area, 22304. Thanks.
  4. P

Full TBE vs. downpipe

Quick question: My R goes in for upgrades in early January. I've locked in APR pricing and am getting the HPFP, Carbonio CAI and APR DP. My tuner mentioned that there is some back pressure exiting the stock exhaust. I'm wondering what I'm leaving on the table by not going with a full TBE and...
  5. P

Need 1 Dunlop ASR from a Golf R

I picked up a nail or something in one of my tires and it cannot be patched. Looking for one of Dunlop ASR's that came stock on the 2012 Golf R. Located in Alexandria, VA. Thanks.
  6. P

VWR CAI vs. Carbonio intake for Golf R

Can anyone speak to the difference between the performance impact of these 2 intakes? I like the VWR CAI, but it requires replacing the engine cover with the cover from an Audi TTS (to keep the clean under the hood look). The Carbonio just bolts onto the front of the existing engine...
  7. P

Drivetrain noise

I've had my R for about 2200 miles now and recently noticed that if I'm rolling along at like 5-8 mph in a parking lot and throw the clutch, that I hear a click, but also sort of hear the drivetrain disengage. Not sure how to describe it other than that. Is the R just louder due to AWD and...
  8. P

Specs for R clutch

Does anyone know how much torque the clutch in the R is rated for? I haven't been able to find this anywhere. Thanks.
  9. P

First auto-x experience

So I went to the SCCA Novice 1 auto-x class on Saturday at Fedex Field. It turned out that the Novice 1 class wasn't full, so they converted it to a Test and Tune and Novice 1 class. Because of the change, we were able to run a longer and more difficult track. I probably got in about 45 runs...
  10. P

Service in NOVA

Any recommendations on where to get dealer service done in N. VA? I just picked up an odd sound, like something vibrating on the drivers front at just under 1400 miles. Sounds almost like a bearing and when I depress the clutch pedal, it is continuous. When driving is happens while slowing or...
  11. P

Baby got new shoes today

So my gunmetal VMR 701's arrived today. I ran them over to NTB where my Hankooks were delivered and had them mounted. A few things of note for those that also got these; The VW center caps don't fit well. They seem a tiny bit too small and sort of spin in place. I'm using the VMR caps for...
  12. P

Exhaust has marks like fluid has been leaking

I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I'm just about to hit 1k miles and I've noticed that I have marks on each exhaust tip that looks like fluid has come out the exhaust pipe and sort of burned on due to the heat. It looks like dark soot/carbon on the bottom edge of the exhaust tips...
  13. P

Got my custom plated...trying to find one last thing

So I received my custom VA plates yesterday and need one last thing. The plate is the Standard VA plate that is blue lettering on a white background. The plate is MEIN ZUM and I need to find some very tiny, circular reflective dots to put over the "U" in ZUM so that I can create an umlaut...
  14. P

Memory for passenger side mirror question

Let me first say I did search and found zilch. On page 85 of the manual, there is a procedure that allows you to set a memory setting for the passenger side view mirror so that it lowers when you are in reverse. I have tried this a few times and don't even see the option that it refers to. Am...
  15. P

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

I got mine on Saturday and I should have it broken in by the end of the week. :happyanim: