GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Nick1214

2010 GTI Shadow Blue, DSG

Considering selling my GTI, Car was bought new in June 2010 by me, now has about 64,000 miles. Options include Xenons, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, DSG, Monster Mat Kit and 18in Detroit wheels in addition to the many standard features already included in the car. The windows are also tinted at 35%...
  2. Nick1214

WTB: Detroit Rim for my 2010 GTI

Hey guys, I need to buy a Detroit for my 2010 GTI. I do not need the tire or TPMS. Please PM me or call me with if you happen to have one! I am located in a suburb of NYC.
  3. Nick1214

Detroit Rim

Hey guys, Probably a stupid questions but I'll swallow my pride and ask it anyway. I have a 2010 GTI and I need to purchase a new rim for it. I am getting a tire for free under my road hazzard coverage. The question here lies within the TPMS. I would like to know if I can purchase a Detroit...
  4. Nick1214

New tires on MK6

So with 25,200 miles my stock pirelli's seem to be shot. Even with rotations the wear is still slightly off. The front ones are starting to show the wear bars with the rear ones approaching. My question is what tires would you recommend that are a good combination of handling and tread...
  5. Nick1214

Vag-Com in Suffolk, Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island or CT

I need some Vag-Com tweeks done and I am willing to compensate. So far I'm thinking DRL off Windows down from the remote Heated Seat Memory I have to think further into it but lets get set up for a date to do it.
  6. Nick1214

Borders Stony Brook

Does anyone from this forum go to this weekly meet on Wednesday nights? I am thinking about going tonight and I was just wondering. I live like 3 minutes from there.
  7. Nick1214

2010 GTI Remote Starter

With a New York winter approaching I am starting to think about trying to get a remote started installed. Has anyone had a remote starter installed and do you have any comments or recommended units to throw in? Car is a 2010 GTI 2 door with DSG. Thanks a lot
  8. Nick1214

MK6 Car Cover

I bought a car cover from autozone after hearing from my dealer that the VW cover is $350. I used the cover to cover my car while I was away for 12 days( I would only use it once a year) and it blew off twice during that time period. Does anyone use a car cover that is good for outside use...
  9. Nick1214

Is my GTI a lemon?

I have a 2DR Shadow Blue MK6 which I love despite my issues with the car. Since day 1 I have had rattling from both doors which is extremely annoying considering I just paid a lot for on June 8th. I have taken the car to 2 different dealers on 5 occasions for the rattling issue. The first...
  10. Nick1214

Shadow Blue GTI Custom Plate

I am trying to come up with a custom plate idea because I hate the new NY plate which is an ugly orange. http://www.peter-martin.name/plates/pic/ny_lighthouse.jpg I am going to get that plate which is the county that I live in. It is blue and white over all orange. What should I say for my...
  11. Nick1214

VW Service Appointment

So I have an appointment tomorrow morning for a few things Rear Washer Leak TPMS Light on when tire pressures are correct Rattles in driver and passenger door Does anybody have any TSB's or anything to tell the stealer to try to get them to fix this on the first shot?
  12. Nick1214

Vag-Com Mods

I found someone with a Vag-Com and I want to know where I can find a master list of all the changes that can be made to an MKVI GTI if there is one. I just want to see what I have the ability to change. Thanks
  13. Nick1214

Driver Door Ratter and Passenger Pillar Rattle

Hey guys, I have a 2dr MK6 in Shadow Blue that I am in love with. I have somewhere around 300 miles on the odometer. Today on the highway my passenger noticed that a rattle was coming from the pillar where the passenger seat belt is. I have also heard about twice a rattle coming from the...
  14. Nick1214

Vag-Com on LI

Would like to have some settings changed on my mkvi and am willing to compensate. PM please