GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

4 Detroits w/o tires for sale

I have a nice set of Detroits for sale. These wheels are nowhere near perfect but they are nice and present well. One wheel has visible curb rash and 2 more have some minor marks. If you are willing to pay, I'm willing to ship them (U.S. only!). Send me a PM for photos. $300 (plus shipping)...
  2. L

Cold Start -up Issues

My GTI has 39K miles and on cold starts its acting like it has a slight miss. I don't have any CEL lights on and I ran a code check on it with negative results. I routinely run fuel injector cleaner through it, so there shouldn't be any moisture in the tank. The car doesn't really stumble but...
  3. L

FS Front Grille with Black and Red Emblem

I have an aftermarket front grille with a red and black VW emblem on it. The grille is good quality and while it doesn't fit as nice as an OEM grille, it does work out quite well. It was used only 2 weeks. I'll take $50 for it plus shipping. I'll ship anywhere including international. Sale...
  4. L

Code 08213!!!

My check engine kept coming on, so I pulled out my trusty code checker and got code 08213-016 or -214. I took my car in this morning to the dealer for repairs. I got a call around 2 in the afternoon telling me my car was repaired and it required a new intake because the intake manifold flap...
  5. L

Code 08213

I kept getting a check engine, so I pulled out my trust code reader and got a code 08213-160 or -214. So I finally found the time to drop the car at the dealer for servicing. I just a call from them and they had to replace the entire intake manifold due to the throttle position sensor that is...
  6. L

Part Number help

Would anyone happen to have the part number for the crimp clamp that secures the shift knob to the gearshift lever? It has a number, 168 0ET, stamped on it but it does not lead me to anything. Thanks all!
  7. L

FS 2012 OEM GTI Light Switch and dash trim

This is the stock light switch off my 2012 GTI. I'll sell the switch for $35 (shipping included). The switch is mint condition - less than 3 months old. If you want a picture of it, shoot me a PM and I'll get it to you. I also have the lower left side dash trim for sale - make me an offer...
  8. L

I think my MFD is hitting the crack pipe!

Last night I filled up my car and the Range Setting said I had 345 miles. I drove 25 miles to work this morning and it still read 345 miles. Coming home this evening after driving another 15 miles and it read 360 miles. I drove another 3 or 4 miles and it read 365 miles. After another 5...
  9. L

Does Anyone have ?

I am starting to explore the electrical system more and I need to see if someone might have a primer/reference source for our wiring diagrams. Our diagrams are nowhere near like the usual SAE wiring diagrams we routinely see. I took a copy a diagram to our chief avionics electrical engineer...
  10. L

One month of ownership so far...

I have owned my new GTI for exactly 1 month now and would like to give my impressions so far. For the past 23 years I have been a loyal Honda guy and this is only my second Euro daily driver (my first was a ’79 Fiat X1/9). Going from a pure Japanese machine and to a German one has been a...
  11. L

Alright guys, where's it at?

According to my owners manual, there is supposed to be a sticker in spare tire area that has the color code, engine type, gearbox type etc on it. I have looked everywhere from nose to tail of the car and I can't find it anywhere. I need some guidance guys.
  12. L

It's cooling down so....

The temprature here in Oklahoma is starting to go down a bit. This cool morning, I noticed some minor chassis creaking while backing my car out of the driveway. Not really bad, but it was noticable. So to tighten things up, I'm going to install an UltraRacing chassis brace. One of our forum...
  13. L

Wanna have some fun?

Just for giggles and laughs, I went to the UK VW website (vw.co.uk) and used their configurator to build the car I bought here. Using that website, if I would have bought my car (4-door, 6-man, sunroof/nav) in the UK, it would have cost 28,145 GBP. Using the current exchange rate, that would...
  14. L

Buffetting!!!

I've had my GTI for 2 weeks and for the first time yesterday I tried driving around with the rear windows down. The buffetting was so severe, it felt like it was going to pull my eardrums out. Has any one else experinced this? How could VW blow the aerodynamics so badly? Poor attention to...
  15. L

Installed DBC OEM short shifter

I just installed the OEM short shifter which I bought through DBC performance (btw - these guys have great service). Anyway the shift indicator lights on MFD don't appear to be working as they did before. They tend to lag a couple a gears (i.e. - if I'm in 6th it will show 4th). Has anyone...
  16. L

Does anyone know the codes???

I am trying to find out all of the factory codes for a 2011 GTI (U.S. model). What I need is: A. Body (2 and 4 door, with and without sunroof) B. Engine codes C. Transmission codes D. Color codes If someone could provide me with that info, I really appreciate it. Cheers
  17. L

Service Manual?

When one buys a new GTI is there an offer in the owners manual or new owners materials to purchase a factory service manual? I checked the Robert Bentley pubs website (who usually does VW manuals) and it did not offer a manual for Mk6 golf. Also does any other company like Haynes or Chilton...
  18. L

Possibly New Member of Forum

Hi to all. I'm from Oklahoma City and I might be a new VW owner. I have been looking for a new 4-door GTi with a 6-speed. The dealer I have been working with in the Dallas area has found the car I'm looking for and he shot me an excellent price quote. I am not having pre-buyers remorse, but...
  19. L

Possibly a new forum member.

Hi to all. I'm from Oklahoma City and I might be a new VW owner and forum member. I have been looking for a new 4-door GTi with a 6-speed. The dealer I have been working with in the Dallas area has found the car I'm looking for and he shot me an excellent price quote. I am not having...