GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Andrew429

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

Stage 2 at 35k miles now at 112k it’s a 2011 so somewhat “low miles” for its age, car has been a summer only car for 2 years now that I have a truck. Timing components changed at 75k as preventative from the tensioner failure and did carbon cleaning/new injectors last spring
  2. Andrew429

Fuel Pressure Priming Issue

So I just picked up new plugs, put them in and the cold start was perfect! Hoping that was the culprit! I’ll keep you updated. Thank you!
  3. Andrew429

Fresh plugs before I did the cleaning, and I did almost like a 2 stage cleaning, I used solvent and the cable tie brush to clear out the real thick carbon and then finished the port off with the walnut blaster. Think the plugs got fouled? I did not pull them as I didn't think twice about them
  4. Andrew429

So I replaced the LPFP and the fuel filter. It now primes to around 6 Bar so the old one was definitely weak. However it still is giving odd startups. Runs perfect otherwise, and no issues that I see when looking through Vagcom. Anyone have any other ideas? Also the car has new plugs and r8 coils
  5. Andrew429

I do have that filter, I ended up ordering the parts and I’ll try the module and new filter before the pump so if that fixes the issue I can just return the pump. I also used the Bosch injectors, it was fine for a couple weeks after installing then this started
  6. Andrew429

Recently been having an odd issue with my car. I go for a cold start and the car stutters for second and then revs up to the normal 1200 rpm for the cold start procedure. I logged the fueling on vagcom and all numbers on the HPFP side are within normal range, duty cycle in the low to mid 50s...
  7. Andrew429

Car problems? Need help

Would definitely check with Vagcom, I had two speed sensors fail (the speed ring on the hub actually corroded away) had to buy a new hub/wheel bearing as it was the two rear sensors. But you can verify on vagcom by 1. the actual fault code; and 2. log each wheel speed, you'll probably see the...
  8. Andrew429

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I havent read back to see your full problem but thought I’d add this in, maybe it’ll be of help…you should plug into vagcom and log the requested fuel pressure vs actual. A family's tiguan HPFP failed and it had a tough time starting. I logged it, it was requesting (I forgot the amount) say 140...
  9. Andrew429

Got her back together. New manifold partitions, new injectors, r8 coils, and plugs and she feels brand new again! No more cold start misfires or random little jolts on acceleration!
  10. Andrew429

Random misfires all cylinders

I would start with plugs/coils, have they ever been changed?
  11. Andrew429

Pulled the intake manifold off to finally tackle the carbon cleaning. Started getting the cold start misfires at 108000 miles 75k of those was stage 2. Excited to get it clean and back together. Haven't driven it in a year as I have a truck now for the kind of work I do. While it is off I am...
  12. Andrew429

brake booster vacuum pump

Mine actually failed a couple years ago while driving and lost all brakes, thankfully it was as I was pulling out of the neighborhood on a quiet street, had to use the e-brake to stop from 45mph. It was a complete failure though, the flapper that spins on the inside broke so it was no longer...
  13. Andrew429

SB Stage 3 drop in disc

Heres a link to a very long thread about this option: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/southbend-stage-3-drop-in-review.237046/ few points to consider before going this route.., how many miles does your current flywheel and pressure plate have on it? Newer the better as this is...
  14. Andrew429

Another P2015 thread 🙄 ECS manifold cap problems

Another tip, if you have vagcom I'd reccomend clearing all DTC's and drive it calmly until the P2015 comes back on. I didn't think to do that and when they went and scanned my car they saw the engine was near redline before it failed (even though I know it was no where near redline) so VWoA did...
  15. Andrew429

I’d be hesitant to open up the OEMs also, these ones pulled right apart after sitting in the oven at 215 degrees for 15 minutes. When I was looking up YouTube videos I did see videos on opening up permaseal headlights, they even said it takes a lot more time
  16. Andrew429

Finished my retrofit of the depo headlights, I used the morimoto EvoX-r 2.0 projectors with D2s bulbs. This projector was a perfect fit and bolted right up to the original bracket, no modifications needed. I also used a satin black paint and taped of the chrome rings to look like the blacked out...
  17. Andrew429

Another strange behavior for the GTI

Earlier today I was driving normally, engine breaking to the red light, I pushed in the clutch in gear 3 and finished coasting to the light, I looked down and saw the battery light on, I didn’t even feel the engine shut off, started back up no problem, happened again about a mile later. It was...
  18. Andrew429

MFSW buttons stopped working

So I searched around on the forum, only found one thread with like two replies, so this morning I got in my car and my steering wheel buttons were not working, also I have my car programmed so when I take out my key from the ignition my doors unlock, that didn't happen either, can this be...
  19. Andrew429

Auxillary cabin heater mod

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this. I was wondering if anybody knew if this mod works on the mk6 GTI. Here is the DIY from golfmkv http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113468. I will look to see if the spot is there for it as well as the module to control it...
  20. Andrew429

Tire recommendations?

The time has come to finally ditch the factory tires, thought I could last the whole season but didn't make it. What tires would you recommend? I have designated winter wheels so I'd be open to summer tires but I don't want to spend a shit ton. And all seasons would work too. Thanks guys