GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car problems? Need help

noah.D

Passed Driver's Ed
All of these light came on while driving, including airbags, traction control, abs, and my handbrake dispute not being engaged. I scanned the car with my obdII reader and the only code that I have I have had for 2 months bc of my aftermarket downpipe. (O2 sensor threshold code) does anyone know why these lights are on despite no real problem with the car seemingly?

Attachments

• 4AB01CE1-DAE0-4D0A-A943-60CF7722F356.jpeg
    4AB01CE1-DAE0-4D0A-A943-60CF7722F356.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Usually an issue with your ABS system will cause those lights to flash but you need something like VCDS or OBDEleven so you can scan all the modules in the car ob2 reader wont pull any codes from the brake module.

zrickety

The Fixer
You need a new battery.
If this is a 2010, your ABS module may be in the recall.

noah.D

Passed Driver's Ed
Usually an issue with your ABS system will cause those lights to flash but you need something like VCDS or OBDEleven so you can scan all the modules in the car ob2 reader wont pull any codes from the brake module.
This would definitely make sense because I only have an obd2 scanner so it wouldn’t read those type of things as you said. My friend said advance auto scans cars for free so maybe they will have something that can read them. Thanks for the comment!

zrickety

The Fixer
The battery is brand new from a vw dealership so I don’t think that is the problem, I’ll see if it was in a recall or not.
They have been known to sell old batteries. Find a friend with VCDS and defeat those codes one at a time.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
IIRC Advanced Auto Parts will only be able to read generic codes not the VW proprietary ones. That being said it is worth a shot.

noah.D

Passed Driver's Ed
IIRC Advanced Auto Parts will only be able to read generic codes not the VW proprietary ones. That being said it is worth a shot.

I went and this was right, 2 abs coded but nothing specific that really helped me with the prroblem. I just ordered an OBDeleven so do you thing that this will be able to better diagnose the car?

jedred1

jedred1
This happened to me recently and my VCDS said that ABS speed sensor for left front was not working. Replaced it and they all went away. Easy to do; Remove left front wheel, check brake ware sensor wire as they are prone to shearing. Remove old ABS speed sensor (one bolt) unplug (be very careful not to break the wires and housing). Clean things up. Install new one. (torque to 7 newton meters). Start car to see if codes go away. Then reinstall front wheel and torque lugs to 88 ftLb. This is what I did. It worked for me.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Would definitely check with Vagcom, I had two speed sensors fail (the speed ring on the hub actually corroded away) had to buy a new hub/wheel bearing as it was the two rear sensors. But you can verify on vagcom by 1. the actual fault code; and 2. log each wheel speed, you'll probably see the one either registering 0 or significantly different than the other three corners.

oh_hai_mark_6

I've had this issue before and it was my abs sensors. I confirmed it by pulling them and cleaning them really well. This fixed my code until the next big Florida rain when it became gunked up again. Replacing with new permanently fixed the issue (knock on wood). As noted above. Super easy. Literally one bolt per sensor.