GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Andrew429

Fuel Pressure Priming Issue

Recently been having an odd issue with my car. I go for a cold start and the car stutters for second and then revs up to the normal 1200 rpm for the cold start procedure. I logged the fueling on vagcom and all numbers on the HPFP side are within normal range, duty cycle in the low to mid 50s...
  2. Andrew429

Another strange behavior for the GTI

Earlier today I was driving normally, engine breaking to the red light, I pushed in the clutch in gear 3 and finished coasting to the light, I looked down and saw the battery light on, I didn’t even feel the engine shut off, started back up no problem, happened again about a mile later. It was...
  3. Andrew429

MFSW buttons stopped working

So I searched around on the forum, only found one thread with like two replies, so this morning I got in my car and my steering wheel buttons were not working, also I have my car programmed so when I take out my key from the ignition my doors unlock, that didn't happen either, can this be...
  4. Andrew429

Auxillary cabin heater mod

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this. I was wondering if anybody knew if this mod works on the mk6 GTI. Here is the DIY from golfmkv http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113468. I will look to see if the spot is there for it as well as the module to control it...
  5. Andrew429

Tire recommendations?

The time has come to finally ditch the factory tires, thought I could last the whole season but didn't make it. What tires would you recommend? I have designated winter wheels so I'd be open to summer tires but I don't want to spend a shit ton. And all seasons would work too. Thanks guys
  6. Andrew429

center vent or side vent boost gauge

what are your opinions? i can't decide which one to get, i definitely don't want a steering wheel pod. I'm deciding between the CIM center vent and the ECS or NSP side vent kits. are the side vent mounted gauges still easily visible when you're driving?
  7. Andrew429

DELETE

DELETE posted in wrong area...
  8. Andrew429

need help deciding

Should i get the small APR emblem (5.5” long 1“ tall) or the large one (7” 1.5” tall) I'm going to be putting it on the right side of the trunk opposite the GTI badge like most people do. I've held the measuring tape up to it but i still can't decide. Thanks
  9. Andrew429

Helix vs ECS ziza led tails

Just wondering, I've seen many reviews of the helix led tails but not many on the ziza ones that ECS sells, can anyone give any insight on the ziza ones?
  10. Andrew429

euro front plate in NY

for the NYers out there, you know how much of a dickhead the troopers can be sometimes, anyone have a euro front plate on your car and not have any problems? if you do, do you just keep your NY plate in the car? I know most of the sheriffs in my home town so thats not a problem
  11. Andrew429

OEM bleeder block leaking??

Please take a look at the video and pay attention to the light glare of the brake fluid around the bleeder. you can see it move in a little then come back out. I definitely feel this is not normal, and I'm not sure of what the suction sound is, maybe it's sucking in air but my clutch pedal feels...
  12. Andrew429

seat swap question

I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything, i have the opportunity to trade my interlagos seats with a buddy who is buying a 2006 gti for his leather seats, both are a 2 door and both have heated seats, I'm wondering if the wiring is different or if it would be just a direct plug and...
  13. Andrew429

Error P013A

I installed my catted usp downpipe with the 90 degree angle O2 spacers about a week or two ago now and I just got the check engine light. I plugged in my wifi obd scanner and scanned it with the dash command app and it said O2 sensor slow response rich to lean bank 1 sensor 2. What exactly does...