GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SoWalGTI

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

I haven't driven it in a year now with all the new work I've been putting into it. It'll be much different this go round being on stand-alone engine management, custom tune, etc.
  2. SoWalGTI

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Finished the first section of plumbing on the new setup.
  3. SoWalGTI

I know I'm terrible at updating this thread, but here we go. I've begun to fab the new boost pipes with LPS AlphaLocs. Using a ton of pie cuts and a brushed finish for a more mechanical look. Should be wrapped up with these in the next couple weeks. Additionally, I've moved away from the OE oil...
  4. SoWalGTI

Did some custom aluminum paneling to line the glovebox and located the fusebox and data logger for the EMU Black inside. Finished the paneling off with a bead roll around the shape of the fuse box and finished the panel face off in a brushed finish to match the new dash trim. After using the old...
  5. SoWalGTI

Starting the cornsilk beige to titan black conversion. Began with a new set of Recaro Sportster CS in black leather. I'm using Recaro sliders and Planted brackets for mounting. Then I tackled the lower dash pieces and center console. Hope to get the door panels and lower trim done tonight.
  6. SoWalGTI

Swapping the cornsilk beige interior out to titan black. Started with a new set of Recaro Sportster CS in black leather. I'm using Recaro sliders and Planted brackets for mounting. Next I moved on to the all of the lower dash pieces and center console. I did some custom aluminum...
  7. SoWalGTI

It's an OEM DAZA plenum for the TTRS.
  8. SoWalGTI

I'm playing catch up here, this wasn't all done in a day :) Rebuilt the upper downpipe section for more optimal placement around ABS pump and Wastegate with 321 SS. New Injector Dynamics 1050-XDS injectors New sub-harnesses for injectors and ignition (Tefzel wire, DR-25, Raychem boots, labels...
  9. SoWalGTI

Whoa. It's been quite a while since my last update, but I've been very hard at work on the car. I'll be updating the thread over the next few days, but lets catch up with a few items. ECU and Fueling I went stand-alone with ECU Masters EMU Black. No more stock ECU and unlimited tuning...
  10. SoWalGTI

Some HUGE updates coming very soon. Going to hold off on posting those until the remainder of the hardware shows up...In the meantime, enjoy this Fall roller. Fall is here in Florida!
  11. SoWalGTI

Thanks to Junior at Jaaatt Engineering in the UK, I've been able to get this bespoke part completed. This one-off design allows the 2.5 throttle body to mate perfectly to the TTRS/RS3 plenum, while allowing proper clearance to the new MAP sensor location. Why not just run the TTRS/RSE throttle...
  12. SoWalGTI

Modified fuel rail and injectors installed TTRS manifold fitted to the new billet runners Billet brake reservoir installed Waiting on a few one-off parts from the machinist to tidy this new setup.
  13. SoWalGTI

Got the modified fuel rail, injectors, TTRS manifold and billet brake fluid reservoir fitted. Now waiting on a few one-off parts from the machinist before updating the charge piping.
  14. SoWalGTI

Got the bulkheads fitted for my Mil-Spec engine and accessory harnesses.
  15. SoWalGTI

Started work on the Mil-Spec motorsport harness. 3 bulkheads will be used in the rain tray at the LHD delete panel. Stealth harness will then flow into inner fender and up to engine accessories. Got the bulkheads mounted after drilling the delete panel and fitting the nut plates. Really happy...
  16. SoWalGTI

The 'not real Florida' part of Florida. The far Northwest Panhandle.
  17. SoWalGTI

Whoa. What just happened? The wheels sorta fell off there for the last few pages, no?
  18. SoWalGTI

Test fit the new billet runners, marked clearances for fuel rail modifications and ordered the TTRS plenum these will mate up to.
  19. SoWalGTI

Well, I got bored with not having anything to do, so on to V2 of the engine build after a 1,000 mile :) New parts, some bespoke to this build, have started to show up. Plans for V2 are the following: Billet intake runners mated to TTRS plenum Custom billet aluminum coolant flanges for OEM...
  20. SoWalGTI

Took it for a little early morning rip and got a few rollers with a buddy.