GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$1000 budget for tires

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Another vote for the V12. Sticky tires mean you'll wear them out faster. Hankook are good cheap tires that I won't feel bad about replacing them again.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
true, but how much more do they cost, and is that cost worth it?

I believe you pay for what you get. I am not trying to buy the most expensive tires out there and claim that it is the best, but I personally think the V12s and the Pilot Super Sports are in different leagues.. I am debating between the PSS and the conti DW and maybe the bridgestones

hawkins04

Ready to race!
I have been reading good things about the V12's and the conti DW's. I had the conti DWS's and liked them for an all season. When I get new rims/tires I'll go with either v12's or DW's.

JhnR

Banned
Im in the same boat, but i need 18's, so im going with the Hankook V12's. Coming from Dunlop Direzza DZ101

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I also recommend Hankook V12 EVOS for the street. I love them and will be purchasing another set when these wear out!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
true, but how much more do they cost, and is that cost worth it?

Well quite a bit. The PSS are 215 a corner, but they have a 9.5 rating as opposed to a 7.1 rating of the v12 in the "would you buy again".

Also the tread wear ratings are 300 for the Michelin and 280 for the v12 so not much difference.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd expect them to rate higher for the price, but i hear ya.